• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Shrewsbury vs Tranmere

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Some speculation that Connor Jennings might be loaned to Stockport, mainly from a Rovers forum, but there’s also a recent thread about Connor on one of the County forums. Could this have been his last game in a Rovers shirt?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Some speculation that Connor Jennings might be loaned to Stockport, mainly from a Rovers forum, but there’s also a recent thread about Connor on one of the County forums. Could this have been his last game in a Rovers shirt?

I’d be surprised Boz. I do think there is a strong possibility he’ll leave at the end of the season, especially if we stay up. But thought a number of fairly local L2 sides would be after him. Stockport are in the national league albeit doing fairly well but unless they offered him mega money I’d be surprised if he ended up there

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
He’d be a coup for them but a waste of his talent. He’s currently at the peak of his career. Unless we are desperate for cash or he’s keen to get away, surely it makes sense to keep him here to help with our relegation battle.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
He’d be a coup for them but a waste of his talent. He’s currently at the peak of his career. Unless we are desperate for cash or he’s keen to get away, surely it makes sense to keep him here to help with our relegation battle.
I agree that he'd be a total waste at VNL level and his development would stop. He has taken a while to adapt to L1 but I think he has shown enough to suggest that he is capable of playing at this level, although playing in a struggling team has made it more difficult to judge. I was really impressed with his performance on Tuesday, coming off the bench and adjusting to the pace of the game immediately to make a significant impact.

Player
ian goodison
would hate to see him go but suspect Salford maybe, money doesn't appear to be an issue there .

Player
aldo
He is out of contract in the summer . So will probably move on eney way . But let's hope he has a good end to the season . I do love him after frustrated with him to still a legend either way

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
would hate to see him go but suspect Salford maybe, money doesn't appear to be an issue there .
He can't move within the EFL until July, but could move to the NL now. For reasons already stated, I doubt he'll move now. If we stay up and he is offered a deal, he may take it. If we go down and he gets a mouth-watering offer from Salford or elsewhere, it would be difficult to refuse. He is from that area, after all.

Personally, I'd like to see him here next year. He'd be great in L2 and a useful squad player in L1. Only if there is a massive injection of cash to increase our playing budget could we replace him with someone better.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I agree that he'd be a total waste at VNL level and his development would stop. He has taken a while to adapt to L1 but I think he has shown enough to suggest that he is capable of playing at this level, although playing in a struggling team has made it more difficult to judge. I was really impressed with his performance on Tuesday, coming off the bench and adjusting to the pace of the game immediately to make a significant impact.
There is no way we would let him go out on loan, particularly after such an impressive display. I am still not certain about him at this level but he is a key member of the squad, who offers versatility, character and workrate, even when he is struggling for form.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
He can't move within the EFL until July, but could move to the NL now. For reasons already stated, I doubt he'll move now. If we stay up and he is offered a deal, he may take it. If we go down and he gets a mouth-watering offer from Salford or elsewhere, it would be difficult to refuse. He is from that area, after all.

Personally, I'd like to see him here next year. He'd be great in L2 and a useful squad player in L1. Only if there is a massive injection of cash to increase our playing budget could we replace him with someone better.
Our decisions on a number of players will be dictated by the level we are at next season. There are several members of the current squad who would be fine in League Two, but have never totally convinced at this level (Jennings, Banks, Nelson).

Last edited: