• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Shrews v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Rovers second visit to The Greenhous Meadow, the first a pre-season friendly in Les Parry days. We lost that 2-1,despite a screamer of a free-kick from Cresswell. Hoping for better this time.

After our excellent start to the season, in the absence of injuries, expect an unchanged team. Our promoted opponents got their first L1 win in midweek and are unbeaten at home for thirty or so matches, so this will not be easy. The Shrewsbury side used to be filled with Rovers old boys, but currently just two connections. Jermaine Grandison, who was a gangling central defender when we loaned him from Coventry, but has now found a niche at full-back and attracting attention from clubs higher up the ladder. Terry Gornell,who was given his debut by Ronnie and divided opinion during his stint at Rovers, hopefully won't come back to haunt us.

Prediction: I'm going to this one, but haven't seen us win on the road since Stockport. There should be a decent turnout of visiting support and expecting a score draw; probably 1-1 with Jake Cassidy breaking his duck.

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
i hope Tranmere can continue their good start to the season it would be nice to get another win though a draw wouldn't be bad .

i would say that we should be unchanged for this one going into next weeks game at Aston Villa.

Jake Cassidy hasen't scored yet on his return hopefully he will start scoring.i wonder what odds it was the other night for Andy Robinson to score his hat-trick.=D>

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would be happy with a draw from this game will take a 1 1

Player
Jonny Morrisey
I fancy us to get a draw tomorrow, although it will be a really tough game. Shrewsbury are unbeaten at home in 33 games and had a good result in midweek. But given our last 2 results and particuarly the performance on Tues (i was there), we certainly shouldn't go there fearing them. I fancy us to stick with the same team with 2 up top, i just hope Cassidy can start wading in with a few goals.

Is there any truth in Baxter going to Carlise? I 'd love to see him and Wallace in the middle with Palmer pushed out onto the wing, or even Ball Bag who looked 10 times better than Thompson when he came on the other night. There wouldn't be too many better centre midfields in the league than those 2!

Thoughts?

Player
Goodison
I'm not quite sure why everybody seems so keen to sign Baxter, he just looked overweight with a half decent touch when we had him, he doesn't look like anything special. I think Palmer has being the unsung hero of the team so far - he never gives the ball away, moving him would be daft.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't really see how Baxter would fit into our set up, as we already have one creative, roaming midfield player in Andy Robinson. The balance in the middle is fine already.

As for Saturday, I can't remember being as excited about an an away match for a long time and I just hope the performance matches the previous two which I missed. Hopefully we will still be in the top three or four come five o'clock.

I would estimate a Rovers turnout of 7-800.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
In theory we'd be most likely to use Baxter in a 4-4-1-1

I think he'd be a fantastic addition to the squad, but doubt we have the funds left. Remember, Cass and Palmer are only on loan.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
2-1 Rovers - just because I dont think we will keep a 3rd clean sheet in open play (The penno doesnt count). Think Jake will break his duck, and AA will get the other...

Status
Not open for further replies.