• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Shane Sherriff

• Thread starter Johnny King is God
  • Start date
J

Johnny King is God

Big Gold Star from me this weekend [I'll get my coat.]

What a find. The lad is oozing talent. Calm and confident on the ball. good passer, doesnt panic, good positioning.

For me this lad is the find of the summer.

Only problem is, I would like to see him at centre back with Goodison. Wasnt overly impressed with Stockdale at all....does anyone know if McCready has ever played right back? That way Tremarco can go LB, McCready RB and Goodison and Sherriff in the centre.

C

championship_here_we_come

or goodison can go right back he is right footed afterall, thats why he was poor at left back

tremarco sheriff McCready goodison

or

tremarco sheriff goodison McCready

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I think Tramarco may replace Ellison tomorrow night, and then who knows. He seemed very comfortable when he came on and put some crosses in so RM may try him there and see if his pace helps down that side.

But I could be wrong.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

nomur said:
I think Tramarco may replace Ellison tomorrow night, and then who knows. He seemed very comfortable when he came on and put some crosses in so RM may try him there and see if his pace helps down that side.

But I could be wrong.

It does look Tremacro will be starting tomorrow because Ellison is a big doubt. McCready is also a doubt but theres a good chance that he will be fit for the game.

I agree Shane Sherriff is a brillant find, I think Goodison is our 1st choice Centre back at the moment hes playing out of this world, I've never seen him play so well in all the time hes been at Rovers hes a new man or he is getting played in the right places for a change. I feel Sherriff looks very confortable at LB but I not sure about Robbie Stockdale looks very nervy on the ball, I would give Olly James a run out at Right Back hes been very good in the reserves last year and I feel that his lack of chances in the 1st team is a waste of a future talent. I might be wrong though.

I reckon the back 4 will be: LB: Sherriff CB:McCready CB: Goodison RB:Stockdale

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I've been impressed by Sherriff and the whole defence looks pretty solid. Goodison has been excellent and McCready and Stockdale have been solid. McCready has played right back before and can play anywhere across the back. I wouldn't drop stockdale and certainly wouldn't move Goodison out of centre back to play there like was suggested.