• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Shane Sherriff signs on

• Thread starter championship_here_we_come
  • Start date
C

championship_here_we_come

Tranmere have signed Australian central defender Shane Sherriff on a two-year contract subject to a satisfactory medical and visa.
The 23-year old left sided player has played in the top division (Superliga) in Denmark with Aarhus for the last three years after playing for Leeds United as a trainee from 2001-03.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Sounds interesting and versatille as he can play centre back and left back. Played for Austrailian U23's and in Athens Olympics. Should be a good signing. He's certainly got a good name. :lol:

Player
Morrisey
An interesting and versatille as he can play centre back and left back.

A bit like Goodison then?:lol:

Is he more of a left back or a CB? where do you think RM will/should play him?

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
I remember this guy from previous champ man games. He should be a good signing and comes from playing solid 1st team football.

Hmmmmm this scenario seems familar, anybody remember Gareth Roberts...... :whistle:

Hopefully a few more signings on the way and we should have our 1st XI known shortly. :lol:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I was hoping he may play CB with Tremarco LB. Then he would be back up for the LB slot too. Apparently he got player of the season last year for his old team in Denmark.

D

Denmark

Greatings from Denmark - Shane Sherriff

Greatings from Denmark

If you need more information about Shane, you can wiev this...

http://www.foreveragf.dk/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=14&thread_id=2412

Last year he was nominated for "best goal of the year" i Denmark ... You can watch it here:

http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Fodbold/Superliga/2005/12/11/163030.htm

Click on the box where it says "Se de 10 kandidater til årets mål i superligaen"

He will be missed in AGF....

Good luck to you and Shane....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hi Denmark and welcome to the forums. It's great to hear views of supporters from his previous clubs and especially those from different countries.

Some very interesting info there. It seems like there are some mixed views on Shane. The general consensus being that when he's good he's really good but can suffer from lapses of concentration maybe sometimes too much. I'll look foward to seeing him play.

That was a great goal he scored in that video, any striker would have been proud with that! In fact, there were some great goals in that short video clip.

Thanks again for the info!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Here's me thinking the standard in Denmark was quite poor, then watched those goals, some crackers. The goal Sheriff scored was really good as well. The general consensus seems to be he is a central defender who can play left back, which is excellent as we need a centre back t replace Jacko, and we have Tremarco to prove himself a good left back.

Cheers Denmark, and good luck for AGF this coming season.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
shock horror! tranmere sign a player who we might still be seeing in a couple of years time. hope we keep it up