• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

season tickets

Player
aldo
when you think of whats going on to sell 600 so far is quite amazing good on every one who has

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I bought mine the day of the.Lincoln game, it is tricky for a lot of people with the financial position they are in

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I’ve not even given it a consideration due to all the other stuff happening. They’ve extended the deadline so will definitely take a look in the next few weeks.

Player
aldo
wow considering we don,t even know when or if next season will start and even if it does it prob won't have fans an amazing 903 sts have been sold propper fans backing the club superb effort

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
wow considering we don,t even know when or if next season will start and even if it does it prob won't have fans an amazing 903 sts have been sold propper fans backing the club superb effort
As things currently stand, I see no way proper footy will start in August, so these fans are effectively giving the club an interest free loan until the season starts. Given that we don’t even know which division we will be in, that’s great commitment.

I am now seriously thinking that this season will never be restarted, so the club will also need to think about what to do about refunds.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Got mine the other day in the faint hope we’ll be watching football again this year!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
As things currently stand, I see no way proper footy will start in August, so these fans are effectively giving the club an interest free loan until the season starts. Given that we don’t even know which division we will be in, that’s great commitment.

I am now seriously thinking that this season will never be restarted, so the club will also need to think about what to do about refunds.
I would not want a refund for mine for the current season , hopefully most people will be in the same position

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King

I doubt many people will request refunds in the current circumstances.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
From the official site:

We do want to reassure supporters that in renewing early, we are committed to ensuring that no one loses out financially if the new season starts behind closed doors. So, if, for example, we cannot allow paying crowds in for the next six months of next season, then we would offer season ticket holders a free half season ticket for the following season, to compensate for the missed matches. Equally, if anyone has renewed a season ticket but subsequently find that they need the cash, we will look to refund those who request it.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
that's good but will affect the club in the longer run
Actually, I think quite the opposite. The club will take a short-term hit on refunds but they should gain in the long term. In business and especially in football, if you treat your fans/customers right, they will remain loyal. Our club has done all the right things for some time - very few mistakes - and is being rewarded by that brilliant take-up of season tickets. How many other customers would pay so much upfront for a product when they don't know what it is (League One or League Two) or when it will be delivered (this year, next year??). Never have I been more proud to be a fan of this club (even in our First Division days, as it was easy then!).

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Is all to do with projections I guess. If they know roughly how many people are and are not going to buy they can plan financially for the hit.

Player
aldo
I am also loving the massive work the club are doing in the community, it will only work to benefit the club in the long run hopefully with more fans coming through the gates , only time will tell

drwhoman

It has to be said that everything being done by the club has a positive feel to it. I am sure that is not the case with many L1 and L2 clubs that will be sweating on survival. Interesting that Parry was critical of parachute payments. It seems a nonsense that a club like Sunderland can still be on big payments of this nature when in L1. It is a completely unfair situation. The fact that they shot through the Championship is simply poor management and yet they are cushioned from this.

Player
aldo
when you hear of the championship clubs for every £1 they make the players are paid £2 pounds. something like the virus is going to kick up a shit storm they are tens if not hundreds of millions of pounds in the red and no fans or revenues coming in and the businessmen who own then have prob got no money coming from there other businesses to keep most clubs going. so it's only a matter of time b4 some clubs buckle under the strain. at least mark and Nicky seem to have things in place to a degree

Player
aldo
1643 sold all you can say is woooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww . the backing this AMAZING CLUB GETS IS AGAIN AMAZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG THE BEST FANS IN THE WORLD

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Have those of you who bought season-tickets online had an acknowledgement e-mail yet? Bought mine about 10 days ago but although the money left my account not heard owt yet.