• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Season tickets (cards!)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Terrible really. No excuses.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Just back from club now.
As you enter the shop, to the right is a table set up for season tickets (or lack of them!). No sign of ours.
They do have some, but there is a long list for those whose tickets "are being delivered by courier today".
You then get sent to the tills for paper tickets for tonight and Saturday.
Presumably the courier will want a signature so if you're out all day like me they'll be returned to the black hole.
Can see tempers fraying in the shop tonight if fans are planning on nipping into shop just a few minutes earlier than usual.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Can see tempers fraying in the shop tonight if fans are planning on nipping into shop just a few minutes earlier than usual.
That is always going to happen. To be fair, if people work all week, it might be the only opportunity they get.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thankfully mine was on the mat when I got back from holiday last night. Presumably the replacement. Hopefully, the club have adequate numbers of staff to minimise the difficulties for those who have to get their seasoncards or vouchers tonight. It is clear that a lot of goodwill has been lost due to the way this has been handled.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
And to rub it in even more our seats aren't marked as Reserved!!
Perhaps I don't exist!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Mine still has not turned up. Has yours CK ?

Maybe the club can just give me vouchers for the next 22 games and I will try my luck again next year..........

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Why can't they just print another one off for you so you can collect at next home game ?

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Nothing for me yet RLC.
BUT - received a voicemail this afternoon from the club to say they were "printing cards out with our correct seat numbers on which can be collected before the game on Saturday".
Also said they would ensure reserved stickers would be put up.
Beats me what's going on.
What's happened to the two lots of tickets that they say have gone out to me already?
Having been in those seats for 12 years they must have taken the reserved stickers off because they had no record of renewal?
And how can the club itself miraculously come up with new cards for me?

Player
Manager
John King
Nothing for me yet RLC.
BUT - received a voicemail this afternoon from the club to say they were "printing cards out with our correct seat numbers on which can be collected before the game on Saturday".
Also said they would ensure reserved stickers would be put up.
Beats me what's going on.
What's happened to the two lots of tickets that they say have gone out to me already?
Having been in those seats for 12 years they must have taken the reserved stickers off because they had no record of renewal?
And how can the club itself miraculously come up with new cards for me?
We have heard numerous different stories, all of them bu****it. They simply don't know what they are doing.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Really hope my cards are there Saturday.
I will then flog the paper stuff they've given me a fiver a go!

Player
Manager
John King
https://tranmererovers.co.uk/news/season-cards-update/

Nicola Palios has now posted an explanation of events on the website.

My simple obeservation would be why did the club only arrange for the cards to be delivered in bulk one week / ten days before the first home game, thus leaving no time for any problems (of which there could have been many, regardless of the tickets that went missing) to be rectified ?

And why was the option to collect withdrawn, when many, probably a majority, of supporters have collected in previous seasons ?

And why could not a full explanation of events have been provided by somebody (anybody) at the club in the last ten days to ease some of the anxiety of supporters without tickets ?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The whole process was badly planned and executed. She has the answer here, I just don't understand why this wasn't an option to begin with:

We will discuss how we handle season cards next year, in consultation with the Supporters Trust and Official Supporters Club, in particular whether we dispatch them individually straight after they are purchased rather than doing them in bulk towards the end of the close season and/or make arrangement for them to be collected from the Club.

There was a lot more lost than I had imagined. I now feel like one of the lucky ones for receiving mine on time.

Player
Manager
John King
I wonder if the sacking of Peter Shaw exacerbated this whole situation ? Because at present the club has no administrator / COO to get a grip of a problem like this and the Paliosi seem to be responding to events on the hoof.

I also wonder whose decision it was to send a load of the tickets BACK to Tyg by post for them to send out, which then went astray ? Surely the club should have simply kept hold of the tickets, apologised, explained the delay and asked people to come and collect them, to make sure they ended up in the right hands.

The club made the wrong decision at every turn.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Absolutely. It's quite simple and doesn't need consultation with the Supporters Trust and Official Supporters Club.

1. Print cards when they are purchased.
2. Give the customer a choice. Post or collect.
3. If posted, at least send them recorded.

You may get a handful lost in the post but you then have time to remedy and it's manageable.

They still have no idea how many are lost! Shambles.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with all that RLC and Ian have posted. The big mistake in my view was not sending the cards out the same time as last season, around a month before the opening game.

Player
Manager
John King
Just wanted to add that the club have known for at least a week that the second batch had gone missing and was never going to be delivered, yet there was no communication to that effect to people like CK and myself who assumed our tickets were still in the post. Why the hell did not they tell us days ago that the tickets would not arrive and we needed to collect them from the club ? The lack of communication has been unacceptable.