• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Season tickets 2022/23

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Season cards for the 2022/23 season are on sale now with early bird prices starting from £397

Prices for the previous three seasons have been frozen for the vast majority of season cardholders, but this year steep increases in our running costs mean a price increase has been unavoidable.

For the current season, our prices are amongst the cheapest in League Two and will still be in the bottom half of League 2 for the 22/23 season, even if all other clubs were to freeze their prices.

Mark Palios said "In 2012/3, the cost of a ticket in the Kop for an adult was £19.50, and £6 for a child. Those same tickets 10 years later are £19 and £2. We are proud of trying to keep live football affordable, and it's never an easy decision to increase prices but, after consultation with various Supporters groups, it was agreed that it was necessary if we want to maintain our ambition on the pitch and keep improving the Matchday experience."

By purchasing now, supporters have the opportunity to lock in League 2 prices even if we get promoted, and to pay for their season card over a period of 15 months, interest free, to reduce the cost of each monthly payment.

Our records show you have regularly purchased match tickets in the 2021/22 season we wanted to let you know about the new 2022/23 season card early bird prices.

As always, we will be offering discounted renewal and early bird prices. The early bird deadline will be a strict cut-off date this year with no extensions so make sure to buy early for the best prices!

To view all the 2022/23 season card prices CLICK HERE

To secure your season card at the lowest prices CLICK HERE

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Thanks Ian. Do we know what the exact cut off date is For early bird discounts?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Just passed the 1500 mark, looks like the numbers going to be down on this season by a fair way

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
There are still nine days until the early bird deadline, and we are selling about 100 per day now. I think it will still be a reasonable total, and we are several months from the start of next season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I will probably renew mine but can understand why people are reluctant to do so.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Just passed the 1500 mark, looks like the numbers going to be down on this season by a fair way
I’m not surprised. We’ve seen a results based style of football rather than an attractive one. Although home results have been generally very good, we look likely to be set forward yet another season in League Two. If by some miracle, we win the playoff final, business will pick up.

However, I think the main reason for the drop off is the increased prices and the economic climate. After all, for most people, supporting Tranmere is a luxury not a necessity.

Player
Manager
John King
I think the majority of home games have been entertaining, particularly since Christmas. I don't buy the narrative that the football at Prenton Park has been dull.

It is touch and go whether we will qualify for the play offs. However, if we do make the top seven I would not say a 'miracle' was required for us to win promotion.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not done mine yet. Feeling a little flat after Xmas but I’ll do it next week probably.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’ll be getting mine this week before the early bird cut off. On the one hand recent performances have been frustrating overall but we do have the best home record in the league so we can’t complain too much watching them at home.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Me too. Seems silly to wait as I’ll be throwing money away.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Plenty of rumours the budget will be cut next season which isn't a surprise as season ticket sales will be down and other costs up.
Makes it even more important our recruitment is much improved this summer

Reactions: Ian
Player
Manager
John King
Plenty of rumours the budget will be cut next season which isn't a surprise as season ticket sales will be down and other costs up.
At it least it might temper expectations and result in a bit more realism.

Player
Manager
John King
I think most importantly we need to use it much better than we have done, we sign players who barely play which is a total waste of money.
You only need to look at some of the clubs in league 1 with a small budget to see what can be done
The recruitment certainly needs to improve, and January was hopefully a step in that direction. However, there is never going to be a 100% success rate with signings and there will always be a certain amount of wastage.

A lot of people seem to believe we have a budget that can simply blow other clubs out of the water at this level and guarantee promotion, which is almost certainly not the case. I am sure the budget is reasonable but there are several clubs that are wealthier than us, and several others of similar size and history.

We have won six Football League promotions in a century. It is difficult to win promotion.

Last edited:

ADD

Player
Norwood
If true that is certainly a concern. We can't afford another scatter gun recruitment approach or Vaughan and MM not singing from the same song sheet. Needs to be quality over quantity.
It may as you say Bigmart be an expectation that season tickets will be well down but also we had £400k extra investment from Indonesia this past season which likely won't be repeated. It may also reflect that if we don't go up this year MP has decided that promotion right now brings too much financial risk whilst he is clearly focussed on the ground move? That has certainly been the suggestion elsewhere.
Whichever, if true it does not bode well.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
If true that is certainly a concern. We can't afford another scatter gun recruitment approach or Vaughan and MM not singing from the same song sheet. Needs to be quality over quantity.
It may as you say Bigmart be an expectation that season tickets will be well down but also we had £400k extra investment from Indonesia this past season which likely won't be repeated. It may also reflect that if we don't go up this year MP has decided that promotion right now brings too much financial risk whilst he is clearly focussed on the ground move? That has certainly been the suggestion elsewhere.
Whichever, if true it does not bode well.
Don't see a reduced budget being connected to a ground move as it would be several years away at the very least

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Worth noting that next season starts July 30th so hopefully recruitment will not only be better but earlier.
Also national league play-off final is at West hams ground on June 5th so the winners have a short turnaround to the next season