• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

season tickets 2019/20

Player
aldo
next year you can buy your seat with your name om for £20 . thats a cool idea . i like the forward thinking. of the trust they are always coming up with great ideas. its a shame that they where not invited to help when mr Johnstone was involved at the club . but i think its a great idea .even more so for first timers coming to a game or the little ones who would tell there mates . who then might nag there parents to do the same . they are the next gen rovers get em young so those two rubish teams over the water cant av em . lol

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Not sure that’ll work AM. When I miss a game coz it’s the Johnson’s paints trophy or something and come back next week to see someone has scrawled on my name I wouldn’t be impressed.

Maybe in the main stand it might work but nowhere else really

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not sure if I read this wrong, but are they now saying you won’t be able to reserve a seat even if you are a season ticket holder unless you buy a seat with your name on?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Not sure if I read this wrong, but are they now saying you won’t be able to reserve a seat even if you are a season ticket holder unless you buy a seat with your name on?
No, it is just optional to have your name on the seat. The reservation is still guaranteed. It is a bit of a gimmick but I will probably pay the £20 as it is more money for the wage budget.

Player
aldo
looks like the prices are going up as well . i cant get an st ticket no point with the job . lets hope its up to the same level as last season . and lets hope the club dont put em up to much

Player
Manager
John King
The prices have been announced. 18% increase on average. Understandable given that we were only charged National League prices this season.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Yeah, looks like early bird adult kop tickets up about £50 or so.
If ST numbers hold up, that's a fair few extra bob for the club.
No grumbles from me, club have avoided increases for some time.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes think my kop ticket last year was about £290ish.

Now it’s £342.

Good thing they came then out today and not last Tuesday!

Player
aldo
at the end of the day . we are one of the cheapest if not the cheapest in the lg . if we wont good players . and to keep the likes of NORWOOD and CONNOR we need all the money they can get

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I don't think anyone would begrudge a pay increase now that we are finally back in the FL.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think the rise in season-ticket prices is around 20%. That is quite steep, given a fair proportion of our fan-base is drawn from lower income groups. Set against that we’ve been playing NL prices for L2 football this season. I think the rise is likely to put us into the upper middle range for L2 season-tickets, though some of those clubs draw their support from more affluent areas. Would the Bradford model of cheap season tickets and making up the difference with the more money being spent due to the numbers attending be sustainable at Rovers; presumably not. I would expect a drop in the number of season-ticket holders next season, though there is still a fair chunk of this season left, which will have a bearing on how many tickets we sell.

Player
Manager
John King
Think the rise in season-ticket prices is around 20%. That is quite steep, given a fair proportion of our fan-base is drawn from lower income groups.
Yes, I agree with that. Although the Wirral as a whole is relatively affluent, Birkenhead remains one of the poorest towns in the country. There will be some people who simply can't afford £350 for a season ticket.

However, it is catch 22 for the owners isn't it ? We have already seen the carping from some supporters because of the patchy form of the last few months. Can you imagine the reaction if the current loanees all disappeared in May because we could not meet their wage demands ? We don't have a wealthy backer and despite the increases in off the pitch income, the majority of our earnings come from ticket sales. If we want to compete at the top end of the division, we probably need to have one of the higher season ticket prices.

Player
aldo
also i hear some people saying the food in the gold lounges is poor . if your paying £400 plus for the service they need to improve it . . they have top chefs at the riverhill . so they know what it takes . you have to invest . to make it back . when they where looking for chefs last year they where paying pea nuts . and if you do you will get monkeys . . it don,t take much to make it good .

Player
ian goodison
I pay £11 for my senior ticket when bought in advance which to me is great value considering what other clubs charge, more performances like sat. and no one will notice the increase!!!!!!!!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Yes, I agree with that. Although the Wirral as a whole is relatively affluent, Birkenhead remains one of the poorest towns in the country. There will be some people who simply can't afford £350 for a season ticket.

However, it is catch 22 for the owners isn't it ? We have already seen the carping from some supporters because of the patchy form of the last few months. Can you imagine the reaction if the current loanees all disappeared in May because we could not meet their wage demands ? We don't have a wealthy backer and despite the increases in off the pitch income, the majority of our earnings come from ticket sales. If we want to compete at the top end of the division, we probably need to have one of the higher season ticket prices.
You're right and it's hard to square the circle. Who'd be the owner of a football club...

Player
aldo
think the club still need to do more with kids giving more free tickets away . can only bring them back and if like us all they get hooked then the horrible lot over the water wont get em lol

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I agree AM. When I was talking to MP he was saying what a difficult job it is trying to get people in when you are shadowed by the other two over the Mersey. I think the key is youth and if they catch the bug then they will be Tranmere fans for life. I remember standing in the old cowshed stand when I starting watching the Rovers when I was at school and I loved it. Could’t wait for the next game.