• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Scotty the skipper

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
There is always a debate about whether a keeper is the best choice as skipper, often thought to be too far from the heart of the action. Scott did well enough in the role last season and appears to be a likeable lad. I suppose Perkins, who’s an on-field leader, armband or not and Ray, who think was skipper at Crewe are other contenders.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Nothing against Scotty but I also always think that a keeper is not ideal for Captain. I would have gone with Perkins - Ray is too new and is also not certain of a starting place so not suited.

drwhoman

A reward for consistency and loyalty to the club. He is also likely, injuries aside, to play every game. In his post appointment media interview Scott talks about working with the other experienced professionals, which will include Perkins and Potter. I imagine there will be a lot of mutual respect and , hopefully, commitment to the success of the club.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
He did a great job in Macca's absence at a crucial stage last season. He was the obvious choice. In fact, Ian, why not Scotty for your logo, if you want a current day player? Can't you have MP, MM and Scotty together - owner, manager and captain - all Rovers legends?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am personally not keen on having the owner on the logo (although it is ultimately Ian's choice).

Player
aldo
agree mark has done brilliant stuff at rovers and nicola to she has done brilliant stuff love them both . but not on logo and things like that .just do there stuff and be happy