• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Scott Davies

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think he deserves his own thread after the last couple of performances.

He is a whipping boy for some of our supporters (I have never understood why) but recent games have again demonstrated that he is a very good lower division keeper.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
There was a reason Micky Mellon gave Scott the armband. He is a real leader and has served the club well over the six seasons he has been with us. His place has never been in doubt. A year ago he was given a 2 1/2 year contract, which is almost unheard of in recent years. I hope he stays for a long time.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Hes one of the best in the division if not the best, hes a fantastic shot stopper.

Player
aldo
and I hate the Fact some fans give him so much grief, ok he makes mistakes so do the best in the world, fair play to him his clean sheet record at rovers is great and the way he is with the young kids around the ground is cool, and his love for the club is undoubted

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Second longest serving player at the club now hopefully got several more years with us yet.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Couldn’t agree more. He genuinely loves the club after what we’ve been through (ups and downs), since he joined us. He’s not perfect of course but as you say he’s been key in recent games and is as important as anyone in the side. Without his saves on Tuesday and today it could have been 2 points instead of 6

I’m sure other teams do envy the experience in the spine of our team with Scottie, Clarke, Spearing and Vaughan.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Sour grapes from their manager?!

I think we've not had the rub of the green, and we are going to report the referee and the officials today, not just for their officiating but for the way and the manner they were speaking to our bench during the game."

Of his own red card, Evatt added: "I went over to speak to him, he just had a smug grin on his face which was very arrogant. I didn't swear at him, we had witnesses all around us, I just questioned why he'd made the decisions he had. And obviously he felt the need to book me once and then give me a second yellow and a red, which in my opinion is unjust."

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Couldn’t agree more. He genuinely loves the club after what we’ve been through (ups and downs), since he joined us. He’s not perfect of course but as you say he’s been key in recent games and is as important as anyone in the side. Without his saves on Tuesday and today it could have been 2 points instead of 6

I’m sure other teams do envy the experience in the spine of our team with Scottie, Clarke, Spearing and Vaughan.
If you look on the forums of opposing teams, this is a point that is made week after week.

drwhoman

Sour grapes from their manager?!

I think we've not had the rub of the green, and we are going to report the referee and the officials today, not just for their officiating but for the way and the manner they were speaking to our bench during the game."

Of his own red card, Evatt added: "I went over to speak to him, he just had a smug grin on his face which was very arrogant. I didn't swear at him, we had witnesses all around us, I just questioned why he'd made the decisions he had. And obviously he felt the need to book me once and then give me a second yellow and a red, which in my opinion is unjust."
All rather pathetic really. The ref might have been poor but he was still independently poor! I know Managers get bound up in the game (e.g. Klopp!) but once decisions are made, they are made. They are history and cannot be changed. Take a pill Mr Evatt!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The ref was very quick to brandish the cards, he was hardly in his face. Bit pathetic from the ref really.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I didn't think the referee had a good game, there was a chop from behind on Lloyd in the first half not deemed a foul and another challenge on Vaughan not given. He did book Manny for kicking the ball away which seemed a bit harsh as it was hardly a welly to the other side of the ground, but technically correct. I wasn't totally sure about our penalty and maybe the award without a YC would have sufficed but Delaney didn't protest at all at the second yellow, which seemed correct. At first glance, thought that Monthe would walk for the coming together with Sarcevic, but the replay showed it was just that.

Back on topic, one great save from Scott near the end to keep us in front, although I don't think he was as influential as Forest Green when he stopped a trio of goal-bound efforts. He's had some sticky spells in his time with us, but he's a decent keeper and his distribution seems to have improved this season, mixing up kicking out and throwing to a defender. Apparently a really friendly bloke too.

Player
ian goodison
I too have been critical of scott in the past but only watching highlights on the telly he seems to be in excellent form