• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Scott Davies

ADD

Player
Norwood
Interesting comments from OGS - that Davies did his team talk for him in saying pre match that Man U could no longer look down at Man City. Apparently he bumped into Davies after the game to thank him personally for firing up him and his players. Then 12 minutes after the game was tweeting (since deleted) that his beloved City were the owners of Manchester! Imagine how we would have reacted if the Man U players had been tweeting about how they were playing a crap L1 side on a cabbage patch..... Let's be honest as all he did yesterday was pick the ball out of the net having got nowhere near any of their goals and having been beaten by the 2 that hit the post and the crossbar I would have thought he might have been better focussed on analysing how he could do better come Wednesday seeing as he is the only player that is un-droppable. MM and MP won't have been impressed I am sure - maybe the time has indeed come for a new captain.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If you are going to make those comments do it after the game not before. Looks a tad silly now..

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Some of the criticism of Davies is ridiculous. So many of our fans have such short memories. Do people even remember some of the saves he has made down the years? Like Newport at Wembley?

he shouldn’t have said what he said but he’s being honest and is right - Man City are miles better than United!! There is no way what he said had any impact on the scoreline. United make me laugh - making out they have turned a corner by beating the third worst team in league one this season.

all that said, I’ve never thought a keeper should be captain and Clarke is the obvious choice. Micky won’t change it now - would only be at end of the season I think

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Then 12 minutes after the game was tweeting (since deleted) that his beloved City were the owners of Manchester!
I didn't see the tweet but if this is a fair representation of its content it would be a little concerning. I would have thought, especially as team captain, other things would have been higher up his priority list; disappointment, the fantastic support etc. Mind you Ferrier classed it as a good day on his MOTD interview because he collected 3 Man United shirts! Anyway, what's done is done, as long as they are focusing on Wednesday night...

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Some of the criticism of Davies is ridiculous. So many of our fans have such short memories. Do people even remember some of the saves he has made down the years? Like Newport at Wembley?

he shouldn’t have said what he said but he’s being honest and is right - Man City are miles better than United!! There is no way what he said had any impact on the scoreline. United make me laugh - making out they have turned a corner by beating the third worst team in league one this season.

all that said, I’ve never thought a keeper should be captain and Clarke is the obvious choice. Micky won’t change it now - would only be at end of the season I think
Or Wycombe in the first round replay, without which the Watford and United games would never happened ?

They were tongue in cheek comments by Davies and it was pretty pathetic of Solskjaer to bring it up in his interview, let alone confront Scott about it. Shows he is feeling the pressure.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
You would think ole has more things to worry about rather than what a league 1 player tweets

drwhoman

Fair comment re OGS. He is under immense pressure. He has no clear strategy and a squad that is a bit of a mixed bag quality wise. If I were a United fan I would be asking - so where do we go from here? - answer - good question!