• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Scott Davies

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Has signed a new contract which keeps him at the club until the summer of 2022. Good news, as he is definitely one of the core of players we would want to hold on to.

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Very good news, more than good enough for this level and an influential figure in the dressing room

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Delighted. I've been wanting this for some time. Agree with everything above.

Scotty now has the longest deal of anyone. Most of the squad are out of contract next June or before, so I would hope for a few more announcements before Christmas. By then, I would expect Micky to know who from last year's squad can hack it in League One. Once he knows who he's got for the long term, he can plan his activity in the January transfer window.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Makes sense to lock in Davies.... now if we have the money the focus can be on bringing in a keeper who can genuinely compete for the jersey - Pilling isn't that.... Davies has been a bit sketchy recently spilling several shots in error - hopefully now his future is sorted he can kick on strongly....

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think Scott's form might have suffered a bit as a result of another change in goalkeeping coach, albeit he still looks perfectly capable in League One.

His best performances came under Banks last year and two saves in particular stand out for me: the reflex effort which secured a vital three points at Exeter and the save he made on to the post at Wembley in May.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I can see Scotty staying for a while yet. He's exactly the type of player you want.

Stuck as number two at Fleetwood, Gary Brabin brought him to Rovers and it has resurrected his career. He stood by us while we were in the NL. He is a good leader - he must be as it's not easy if you're a keeper. Above all, he is generally reliable but at 32 is unlikely to attract other clubs to poach him. Personally, I think he is underrated by many Rovers fans. He has "saved" us many times - not least last time at Wembley, as RLC has mentioned.