• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Salford

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Their owner Peter Limm is worth 2.5 billion. There will be no limit to their spending unfortunately.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sadly what RLC says. It seems that they have bought players for a L2 campaign already, as the FFP regulations are stricter than NL level,but suspect they'll still find ways around that.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Without fully understanding the technicalities, FFP seems to be so toothless and with so many loopholes that it is rendered almost pointless.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Without fully understanding the technicalities, FFP seems to be so toothless and with so many loopholes that it is rendered almost pointless.
I think this is the case, sadly. Clubs are allowed to include sponsorship money / advertising from the owners as 'income', which means they can increase wages dramatically without any significant increase in attendances. Until the League stipulate that only genuine third party income counts as 'turnover' FFP does not have any real impact as far as I can see.

What is most disappointing is that the EFL could easily change the rules to prohibit the spending of clubs like Salford, but turn a blind eye.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think this is the case, sadly. Clubs are allowed to include sponsorship money / advertising from the owners as 'income', which means they can increase wages dramatically without any significant increase in attendances. Until the League stipulate that only genuine third party income counts as 'turnover' FFP does not have any real impact as far as I can see.

What is most disappointing is that the EFL could easily change the rules to prohibit the spending of clubs like Salford, but turn a blind eye.
I assumed that was how it was done. For example, you see ecotricity ads all over the New Lawn, which is presumably how Dale Vince funds FGR. The trouble is not that it can't be stopped but the EFL won't stop it. In the end it's a vote of all clubs and so many owners will vote against it for selfish reasons.