• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Salford v Rovers

Match result

• Salford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Salford v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Peninsula Stadium
Saturday, October 10, 2020 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, October 10, 2020 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Great result - have to admit that i didn't see that coming! If only IFollow had shifted the cameras to Neville at the end - would have made my day!
Still don't get the Burton substitution - suggestions that he wasn't covering back for Manny on here yesterday when Salford were playing it through the channels but he was playing CF - it was Left Mid who should have been covering Manny not him
That said Manny seemed to be free lancing and was way out of position on numerous occasions in the first 30 minutes.
In any event Burton did great - that back flick early on to set up Lewis was top drawer and he should certainly get more opportunities going forward. Was also strong on the ball for a young lad who is not tall either. One positive from a crazy situation.
I am pretty sure Woolery was up front on his own for the whole game and Burton was on the left of midfield in the first half (Kahn was on the right, Morris behind Woolery).

Either way, the tactical change needed to be made, even if it was a switch from 442 to 451. We had more control in midfield and there was more protection for the defence after the substitution.

Last edited:
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The match got top billing for League Two on Quest last night, but probably because of Salford's position and not the controversy. The issue was mentioned and Nicola's tweet was displayed, but as you would expect, they did not criticise the EFL directly.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Clearly the 15-point deduction was identified as a potential issue by the EFL and this would effectively kill any hopes of promotion. Given relations between the club and the EFL, we should not expect any favours. In fact, such a penalty would put us in the relegation zone for several weeks. If the season was abandoned and PPG was again applied, we could be back in the NL next season.

I think once the inevitable happens and more (EFL-friendly) clubs are affected by similar issues, the EFL will have to act. In fact, I expect this sort of problem to become more widespread and threaten completion of this season's competition.
I am still confused about this. Nicola gave a detailed statment yes but it was the bits that were missed out there were telling. No mention as to why we were being treated differently to Grimsby.
This morningthe Mail has an article https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...play-youngsters-following-Covid-outbreak.html
What that suggests is that the diffrence is we had "no medical advice" that the game should be called off but that Grimsby did - this strikes me as starnge. Surely we have links to Doctors at Murrayfield who do work on our players and surely one of them could have provided such medical advice?
Listen I think we were treated appallingly last season by the EFL but surely if Grimsby got such medical advice and it was accepted we should have been able to do the same? Or am i missing something?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am not sure the 'medical advice' issue is relevant. Whatever reasons they gave, Grimsby did not receive permission from the League to postpone their game and are still being investigated. They could yet receive a points penalty and we did not want to risk similar punishment.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Bearing in mind how long it's been around you would think the efl would have something in place in the event of posative cases but sadly not.

Player
ian goodison
if the latest reports are correct and we are unable to move outside our areas how will that affect football ? will the players who live outside the area be classed as going to work and be exempt ? will teams be permitted to travel to other parts of the country again citing work ?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Bearing in mind how long it's been around you would think the efl would have something in place in the event of posative cases but sadly not.
This tells you all you need to know about the EFL. Bunch of incompetent fools.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think once the inevitable happens and more (EFL-friendly) clubs are affected by similar issues, the EFL will have to act. In fact, I expect this sort of problem to become more widespread and threaten completion of this season's competition.
I agree. The way things are going, I'd be surprised if the season completes.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
if the latest reports are correct and we are unable to move outside our areas how will that affect football ? will the players who live outside the area be classed as going to work and be exempt ? will teams be permitted to travel to other parts of the country again citing work ?
Leicester had a stricter lockdown but it didnt effect their game at that time not sue what will.happen now though.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Clearly Rick Parry didn't truly understand our squad predicaments yesterday when not only were we able to only name 5 sibstitutes one of those, Jamie Timlin, according to his biography on the official website, is 119 years old.......shame on you Parry! o_O

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
I am still confused about this. Nicola gave a detailed statment yes but it was the bits that were missed out there were telling. No mention as to why we were being treated differently to Grimsby.
This morningthe Mail has an article https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...play-youngsters-following-Covid-outbreak.html
What that suggests is that the diffrence is we had "no medical advice" that the game should be called off but that Grimsby did - this strikes me as starnge. Surely we have links to Doctors at Murrayfield who do work on our players and surely one of them could have provided such medical advice?
Listen I think we were treated appallingly last season by the EFL but surely if Grimsby got such medical advice and it was accepted we should have been able to do the same? Or am i missing something?
Nice of The Mail to refer to our youth as 'academy stars' ;)

On a serious note, never been prouder of our club, doing the right thing and getting a result.

drwhoman

I think the EFL are more interested in the attached rather than our situation. More power to the top clubs in return for the EFL receiving TV money. How they would distribute that is another thing.

Player
aldo
that would mean using their brains. remember that thing inside your head. oh they can't they don't have em

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Harsh in my view but Salford have sacked manager Graham Alexander. Despite our draw they still lie in 5th and are unbeaten. Paul Scholes in temporary charge.

clearly they expected a better start to the season. Hopefully it all goes wrong for them as a daft decision so early in the season

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Maybe they hated the fact that they couldn't beat a team missing half their players. Salford weren't great anyway and if that's how they are going to behave, they've got a long season ahead.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Well he did put two attackers on when supposedly trying to close down the game.... there was meltdown on the Salford forum about that more than that we got a draw!!