• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Salford v Rovers

Match result

• Salford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Salford v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Peninsula Stadium
Saturday, October 10, 2020 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, October 10, 2020 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As tough a game as we will have all season, away to a Salford side that are favourites for promotion and have invested heavily, their squad featuring Ian Henderson, Darren Gibson and Bruno Andrade, among others.

I think we will start with the 451 formation we finished with against Scunthorpe, with Lewis behind Vaughan. I think Jacko might opt for Woolery ahead of Morris, who has been carrying a niggle and has been a bit below par recently, but we will be otherwise unchanged. Stefan Payne is apparently out injured, in addition to the other absentees, so our attacking options are pretty limited at the moment.

I would take a decent performance and a point, but a victory would be a big statement.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Sounds like Payne has a bad groin injury and Ferrier has had a set back so only one striker on the books. CBT has trained all week and Woolery is getting there so may feature. Feeney not available yet.

Agree with RLCs suggested team and I guess another clean sheet and a point in our travels wouldn’t be a bad result

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Big test for the defence this. My fear is that we will be too defensive and allow them to attack us. We need the midfielders firing here to make sure this does not happen. Smash and grab would be nice but I would happily settle for a draw.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
After the last two results I'm feeling more relaxed. Yes, they are a good team on paper but we are also good and are building confidence.

drwhoman

After the last two results I'm feeling more relaxed. Yes, they are a good team on paper but we are also good and are building confidence.
I love your positivity BBTC! I know you would agree that we need someone other than Vaughan who is capable of scoring a goal! Oh for Norwood back!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I love your positivity BBTC! I know you would agree that we need someone other than Vaughan who is capable of scoring a goal! Oh for Norwood back!
Agreed. I'm sure Nors would love to come back if we could afford him. It wouldn't surprise me if he returned before the end of his career. So many ex-players do.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Agreed. I'm sure Nors would love to come back if we could afford him. It wouldn't surprise me if he returned before the end of his career. So many ex-players do.
His wages will prevent that.
At the moment, I agree. And he has two years left on big money with Ipswich. But in a few years time, he should still be fit and won't be able to command such a big wage. Hopefully, we'll be back in League One by then and will be able to afford more expensive players. It's just a thought.

Player
aldo
hi all sorry not been on mutch it been a stressful hard week. we will be closed from wed and now our jobs are all at risk. really stressed out at the mo. I hope for a good game. in the big scheme of things I don't care to mutch at the present time

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Does anybody know if O'Connor is available or with Ireland

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The starting line up is horrific. Ridehalgh, O'Connor, Davies, Banks and Vaughan all out !

Burton starts, as does Woolery who surely can't be fully fit.

I would definitely take a point now.

• Wow
Reactions: Ian

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, it doesn't seem right does it. Although I'm assuming this was known before today's game?

Let's keep the faith and hope for a battling performance!