• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Saddlers v Rovers

Match result

• Walsall

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saddlers v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Banks's Stadium
Tuesday, April 13, 2021 - 07:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Lewis has always been one of his favourites. To start the game with Nugent tonight is quite unbelievable really and then give him 60 minutes on the pitch!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Although we have fallen further behind the top three, ironically reaching the play-offs is still very much in our hands as Salford, Bradford City and Exeter all lost, while Newport, Carlisle and Leyton Orient drew. None of the challenging pack won.

But I agree that tonight we reached a watershed and things must change drastically if we are to salvage a play-off spot and have a chance to win at Wembley. A new manager (if the right man was available immediately) would need time more to work with the team, so the question is does Mark think Keith has lost the dressing room? He will know and will make the right decision. We are lucky to have Dawes/Parky as an option, but could they relight the spark? I feel for all the fans but Mark has a really tough decision to make.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King

Although we have fallen further behind the top three, ironically reaching the play-offs is still very much in our hands as Salford, Bradford City and Exeter all lost, while Newport, Carlisle and Leyton Orient drew. None of the challenging pack won.

But I agree that tonight we reached a watershed and things must change drastically if we are to salvage a play-off spot and have a chance to win at Wembley. A new manager (if the right man was available immediately) would need time more to work with the team, so the question is does Mark think Keith has lost the dressing room? He will know and will make the right decision. We are lucky to have Dawes/Parky as an option, but could they relight the spark? I feel for all the fans but Mark has a really tough decision to make.
We already know the players will play for Dawes based on his caretaker role earlier in the season.

It is not just about making the play offs this season. It is about the medium term future of the club. Hill won't be part of that future so I don't see any point in delaying a decision.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Hes going on about possession again, well it dont mean much if you don't do anything with it.

Player
Jonny Morrisey
I didn't watch the game tonight boys but this is THE most negativity I've heard on a match thread in a long time......must have been bad!!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Enjoy!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
What a pathetic set of questions. He needs grilling not a pat on the shoulder.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Those post match interviews drive me mad. Same old questions. What’s your reaction and it’s good that we have a game coming up to bounce back.

yawn

drwhoman

I can only imagine that Jay was as frustrated with it all as we are. He is a very experienced player and he will undoubtedly have a strong view on things. Hill might as well go now as surely he cannot be in charge next season. They have thrown away automatic promotion even without Vaughan. On their day they as good as any team in the division. Trouble is that those days now seem in the distant past! The January transfer window was a complete failure. We do not need the same in the summer.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson

Enjoy it I did not! Credit that he actually took the interview and didn't sulk like some managers do. He knows what's wrong but I'm not convinced he knows what to do to put it right. Is it just blind faith or does he have a trick up his sleeve? He seemed remarkably calm for a man under pressure, which rather worries me.

Player
aldo
what a crock of horse shit, if I performed like that in my kitchen and then said the possession was good but the food tasted shit I would not have a leg to stand on, as for a magic formula hows about scoring a fkn goal, we cant put pressure on James V, well I am sorry the rest of the front 3 are doing fk all so what's the answer also he is looking like a god dame tramp again

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
In fairness, I think that was quite a good interview from Hill. He did not try and sugar coat the situation and acknowledged that we have got major problems.