• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Saddlers v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Trip to the Bescot this weekend. Rovers won comfortably there last season and have drawn and lost on recent visits, while we managed a 2-1 home victory over Walsall earlier in the season. Their need for points is greater than ours and they have managed some good wins at home.

It will be interesting to see what if any changes Ronnie brings about in the light of the thumping in the land of the plastic cows last Monday. My hope would be that we revert to two strikers up front; most likely Cassidy and Enoch. Hopefully there will be a bit of rotation on the bench, so that some of the players Ronnie hasn't seen much of get a look-in.

Prediction. While we're more than capable of getting something here, have a feeling the home side's greater need will win the day.

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
i agree with what you say.it was unacceptable at m.k Dons on Monday.lets hope if we are awarded a penalty someone else takes the responsibility.

with only a few games left now it is still important we finish as high as possible if we can finish 10th it would be good and something to build on for next season.

i agree too that we should revert to two strikers up front and not having the loan striker which is silly.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Very difficult game as Walsall are in good form at The Bescot and are always competitive under Dean Smith.

I would expect us to start with our strongest eleven in a 4-4-2 as Ronnie still needs to keep both Chairman and fans on side.

Devaney, McGurk and Tiryaki all featured for the reserves in midweek and could get places on the bench, and it will be interesting to see which players RM has already written off and those who could force their way into his plans.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'd be pleased with a point. Since we had that great run and all but reached safety, we've gone off the boil. I think Walsall will be up for it more than we are. Hope I'm wrong, as I'd like us to finish in the top half.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'd be pleased with a point. Since we had that great run and all but reached safety, we've gone off the boil. I think Walsall will be up for it more than we are. Hope I'm wrong, as I'd like us to finish in the top half.
I take it all back. Good win. I look forward to the reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.