• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Ryan's first goal for Wigan

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Ryan Taylor scored his first goal for Wigan last night from the penalty spot.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/4366944.stm

Just got me thinking back to the Scunthorpe match when we had loads of free-kicks just outside the box and did nothing with them. We really missed him that night.

Do you think if we'd been promoted to the Championship he would have stayed :?: What about Hume :?:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The chance to play in the Premiership was too attractive to keep Ryan and it's hard to blame him. It was also on the strength of one good season, so not a bad deal for Rovers either, as his defensive capabilities may be severely tested in the top flight. We do miss him on set pieces enormously & haven't got a proper right-back at the club.

Humey different story, suspect he'd have stayed if we'd done up. Maybe even if Little had been more positive towards him..didn't start the 1st game, always the 1st to get subbed.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
good on the fella wellin Ry :)

Player
Morrisey
He looked very tidy on MOTD on saturday! he mudt have had about 5/6 crosses shown on the highlights as well as a farpost header/assits.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Well made up for the fella he's a top bloke!!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Delighted for the lad.

There's no denying that he's talented and has ambition, but also is prepared to put in the work. He spent one season playing regularly for both the reserves and first team, that's a lot of games. And he's the sort to come over and applaud the fans even if only a handful turn up which makes you feel that he's one of your own.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes... he's certainly got all the qualities needed to turn into a top player.

S

Seanyb

This is random comment of the day, but I met Ryan Taylor last week in Voodoo hairdressers last week. I was sat next to him and he saw the tranmere shirt and he said 'sorry I left!' I just said 'don't worry and good luck at Wigan'.

DixieDean

Seanyb said:
This is random comment of the day, but I met Ryan Taylor last week in Voodoo hairdressers last week. I was sat next to him and he saw the tranmere shirt and he said 'sorry I left!' I just said 'don't worry and good luck at Wigan'.

so, was he saying "i'm sorry for Tranmere and their fans that i left because they are now struggling without me"

or was he saying "i regret leaving TRFC and should have stayed..."

C

championship_here_we_come

DixieDean said:
Seanyb said:

so, was he saying "i'm sorry for Tranmere and their fans that i left because they are now struggling without me"

or was he saying "i regret leaving TRFC and should have stayed..."

i think it was more "im sorry that i left TRFC becuase the fans were always great to me, but wigan is great as i getting 1st team footall in the premiership but i still have a place in my heart for TRFC and tahts why i often find myself going to the games"