• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Ryan Lowe

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Player of the month for November, richly deserved after his superb recent form. To score 12 goals in 21 games is excellent; to achieve that kind of goals to games ratio in a struggling side that plays a lone striker, is phenomenal.

I think Lowey is on a par with Muir and Aldridge as a natural goalscorer. I would love to see a ratio of his efforts on goal to goals scored, as I think it would be one of the best percentages in all four divisions.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Player of the month for November, richly deserved after his superb recent form. To score 12 goals in 21 games is excellent; to achieve that kind of goals to games ratio in a struggling side that plays a lone striker, is phenomenal.

I think Lowey is on a par with Muir and Aldridge as a natural goalscorer. I would love to see a ratio of his efforts on goal to goals scored, as I think it would be one of the best percentages in all four divisions.

Agreed. I didn't see enough of Ian Muir's career at Rovers to comment about workrate, but Lowe puts in a lot of effort outside the box and his workrate is far superior to Aldo's.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well done Lowey, well deserved. For a 35 year old, he puts in a tremendous work rate and knows where the goal is. I always knew he would score goals, but his effort has to be commended.

Also was never graced with wonderful pace, but be didn't need it. If an opportunity arose, he was there to bang it in.

I hope he gets past the 20 goal mark.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Totally agree. It's a long time since anyone else scored 12 goals for TRFC in a season.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Thoroughly deserved the ward and hopefully will go onto score more than 20 goals this season, our best finisher since Greenacre, but cannot compare with Muir or Aldridge as simply not in their league scoring wise.

Player
Manager
John King
Lowe was a late developer, but his scoring stats in recent seasons certainly compare to Muir and Aldridge. He is way better than Greenacre in my view.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Aldo & Muir had much better scoring records than Lowe just look at the stats and they confirm it, he really is not at there level.

Player
Manager
John King
Ian Muir scored 148 career league goals, Lowe already has 159. As I said, he was a late developer, but in 2008-9 he scored 16 in 45 for an abysmal Chester side that finished bottom of the football league and in the two seasons that followed at Bury he scored 49 goals in 90 appearances. He was not a regular starter at Sheff Wed or MK Dons but still had a very respectable scoring average. Having seen the majority of games both players played for us, I would certainly say he has comparable ability to Ian Muir.

Aldridge's career record is remarkable and will probably never be beaten, but at this stage of his career, Lowe has similar ability in the 18 yard box.

We will see how the rest of the season pans out, but Greenacre's average was closer to one goal in three than one in two and Lowe is currently doing much better than that.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think Lowe is a better goalscorer than Greenacre. If Lowe had regular service he would score a lot of goals.