• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Runcorn Town 1, Rovers 2

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We have no reserve team this year, so the Cheshire Senior Cup offers a rare chance for fringe players and youth teamers to show what they can do in a competitive match. Given that we had a scratch team of varying experience and had to play the last 25 minutes with 10 men because of injury, having used all our subs, I hope GB took away a lot of positives.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I read elsewhere than non-league sides were meant to play near full-strength sides in this competition. Given we've not got a game for a fortnight, perhaps a surprise a stronger team didn't feature.
Goals from Omotola and a good free-kick from Liam Davies. Sutton, Ihiekwe, Jackson and Margetts all got outings in this game.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't think there is any obligation to play a full strength team in these games and I would imagine the former League clubs generally don't.

Disappointing that we were knocked out of the FA Youth Cup at the first round stage tonight. However, we do still top the Youth Alliance League and the current batch of youngsters seems particularly strong.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Omotola seems to always score.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Omotola seems to always score.
He's definitely one to watch. I expect him to break into the first team soon, but now is perhaps the wrong time. Gary will be watching him and will know when it is right.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm not sure younger players will get many first team opportunities under Brabin.