• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers win Goodison Appeal

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
News just in

"Tranmere have won their appeal to gain a work permit for Ian Goodison

Rovers boss Ronnie Moore offered the Jamaican a one-year contract but an application for a work permit was refused.
However, the Prenton Park club launched an appeal and the centre-back will spend the season with Rovers.
The 33-year-old joined Rovers from Hull in 2004 and has been a regular in the last two campaigns."

It looks like club officials travelled down to London today and the appeal was successfull. =D>. Perhaps we will see Ian play a role tommorow at Vauxhalls.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Good that we have signed Goodison back on he fills a gap in defence but I really do hope we play at centre back and not left back because he is bollocks at left back. I think Ronnie will see him as a centre back

i agree bbab

just still think we need another defender unless he plays tremarco gtee lb all season, maybe sherriff central with goodison and stockdale on the right

but if we get any injuries we'll be f**ked

any one any ideas on any available defenders????????????

Pedro Negro

Player
Chris Greenacre
I dont like Ian in particular. He's rather frustrating at times. But if he fill's a gap in the Rover's defence, why not then.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
It's strange, we've seen some god-awful defenders at Tranmere over the years, but I really can't remember one that seemed as totally oblivious of the offside rule as Ian Goodison. If we're going to play a high line with Ronnie's attacking outlook, I can see us coming unstuck when our Jamaican 'casual' player fails to push up at the crucial moments. And now well into his thirties and missing the first week of pre-season his pace, which was always his main asset, will surely be coming into question.