• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers vs Brentford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Nixon
Bit excited for this game.... I would love to see the gate get up around the 6k mark, as rovers are starting to cause a buzz around Birkehead. A lot of people who know Im a long term supporter/sufferer, are stopping me to have a 'gas' about rovers recent results. This can only be a good thing for Rovers.

Brentford are usually a tight unit, with big stong players. I predict as last game for Bell-Baggie to be on the bench with Thompson starting.

I dont want to predict a score, as usual I'd jump at a scrappy 1-0 win, but as we continue to stay top and score FREELY , many teams will set themselves up more defensive ready for a draw or a 0-1 away win. This is better for us.

It is such a change for teams to worry about how there gunna stop us, that us worrying about them !!!!!

Well at the mo..... 'Im dreaming of a white christmas'
with both loanees staying and playing for a winning Rovers side than going to there own team and sitting on the bench or 4th choice in there position.

White_Magic

Player
Ian Moore
Tough

I am more sceptical about this game than i was about the Crawley game. I think a 0-0 draw is going to be the likely outcome, even with all of the goals we have been scoring.

As you mention, teams who come to PP will set up more defensive minded and with Brentford's strength, i think they will have enough to keep us out.

I think Ronnie would be secretly happy with a point against Brentford. Brentford have won 3 of the last 5 games we have played against them in league one (including 3-0 at PP a couple of seasons ago).

Sheff Utd vs Notts County should finish a draw.
Stevenage will take Bury apart.
I back MK Dons to beat Crewe.
Bournmouth sould grind out a draw against Walsall.

If we do win this game however, i will be getting very excited for the season ahead! Maybe stretch our lead to 4 points!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
ronnie would not be happy with a point, and neither should we be, superstitious predictions based on previous results shouldnt really factor into the debate

we are scoring goals for fun and should expect to win this game. i dont care if theyre 'big', we dont rely on strength or long ball to win games

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Agree entirely with Sonko. If we play well on Saturday, we win. If we can't be confident of winning our home games in our current vein of form, we never will be.

Obviously a defeat will come at some point, but there is nothing in the form or make-up of the two sides to suggest Saturday is more likely than....well, last Saturday for example.

White_Magic

Player
Ian Moore
Win, Draw or Lose

ronnie would not be happy with a point, and neither should we be

I wouldn't be happy with a point. That was not the point of my arguement. I am merely saying that Brentford are a higher quality side than Crawley and I (and I bet Ronnie as well) fear them more. Plus the point reference the last few games we have played against them was merely used to demonstrate that they are a strong side.

I would be made up if we do manage to win and based on our current reign of form then maybe we should; I am just keeping my feet on the ground.

Win, Draw or Lose (by the odd goal)...we will still be top \\:D/

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I dont think they are that strong away from home i think we will win 2 1

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Win 3-0

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Brentford looked a decent side when they drew 2-2 at PP in January. They're inconsistent,but on their day certainly a difficult opponent. While Rovers shouldn't fear any side in L1 on current form, I'm sure Ronnie will guard against complacency. Injuries permitting, likely to be unchanged from Crawley.

Prediction: Brentford don't bring a big travelling support, unlikely to be more than a few hundred away fans. Expecting around 5.6k.
Onfield, expecting a tight game hopefully ending in a Rovers win.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
i think 3-0 but i,m usually wrong so i,ll go for 2-0...

but i also think 3-0 is right becuase we will be 2-0 up at half time so....Cassidy /apro apro apro ....

Player
Liam Palmer
There's some real (over?) confidence on the board before this one. I think Ronnie's right, this could be our toughest game yet. Brentford are no nonsense, big and rugged and have a couple of players who can score. We just have to keep working hard and hope there's a bit of magic from one of our forwards.

Five years ago at this stage we were second in the table, on 15 points. We finished 10th. The only team above us on Saturday 29th September 2007 were Layton Orient, four points clear. They finished 14th!

So there's a long, long, long way to go. But, yeah, I'm lovin' it!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Five years ago at this stage we were second in the table, on 15 points. We finished 10th. The only team above us on Saturday 29th September 2007 were Layton Orient, four points clear. They finished 14th!
Wise words. But all the more reason to enjoy it while can.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
There's some real (over?) confidence on the board before this one. I think Ronnie's right, this could be our toughest game yet. Brentford are no nonsense, big and rugged and have a couple of players who can score. We just have to keep working hard and hope there's a bit of magic from one of our forwards.

So there's a long, long, long way to go. But, yeah, I'm lovin' it!

It's probably about time some one gave us a reality check by reminding us of those facts. In 2006-7 we actually made an even better start and were top in October, only to slide down to ninth. Ronnie's teams generally begin the season strongly.

However, I can't help but feel that this side is better than those transitional teams featuring Ellison, Mullin, Ward, Sherriff et al. 2007-8 was also the season when we suffered injuries to both Shuker and Davies which really scuppered us.

Hopefully the 2000-1 season at Rotherham will be more of a template, where RM took a team of relegation favourites to automatic promotion to the Championship. We all know Ronnie is capable of working miracles at this level. O:)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It will be interesting to see what the gate is tomorrow.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
There's some real (over?) confidence on the board before this one. !

Yeah well why not... we ,ve played some one desent now and beat the f//k out of them...so why not \\\?

ps DIW whats your thoughts..remaining positive are we..
:)

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
head says 2-0, heart says 3-1, so either way we are on to a winner! \\:D/

(Incidentally, if we win this and Tuesday, we will have had the best start to a season in our history!\\:D/)

DIW

Player
Goodison
ps DIW whats your thoughts..remaining positive are we..
:)

Nice to know you're interested. ;-)

Bit gutted personally as I am at wedding today and missing my first game of the season.

I feel confident we can get a result of course, but agree with others that we need to guard against over confidence. The run will of course come to an end at some point but I don't think it will be today. I fancy us to win a fairly close game.

What happens in the next 2 away games will be very crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.