• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Wycombe volume 2 (FL1)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Unusual to be playing mid-day Sunday and our record in front of the cameras isn't great. Wycombe rested one or two for the Cup game and I'd certainly expect Akinfenwa, who is still a handful to start. Would expect Rovers to start a fairly similar team to the Cup game. Nobody really pushed their case in the FL Trophy game v Salford. If Danns is on international duty, presumably Potter back into midfield. Unsure Ferrier showed enough in the midweek game to force his way back into the starting line-up and Hepburn-Murphy probably deserves another chance.

It will be interesting to see what crowd turns up for this one, somewhere under 6k perhaps. Can't say I'm feeling that confident and think the Chairboys will leave with all the points.

Last edited:
Player
ian goodison
I would start with Wilson at f/b in place of caprice who in my opinion flatters to deceive, apart from potter not much to pick from apart from Maddox, still you never know with micky going with a draw but a win would be brilliant, need to start as positive as last week

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
You could well be right, as I'd forgotten our play-off games, which would have been televised. I was harking back to our NLstruggles at places like Sutton and Welling.

Player
aldo
thats all good and fair . but we won both finals two of the 4 semi games and won at coventry this season and the 4 cup games last season we won 2 lost 1 and drew 1. hey ho so we not done to bad in last few years

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
This will be a tough game and I was genuinely shocked to see someone with more power than Monthe when the colossal Akinfenwa sent him tumbling to the ground!

Hopefully another good game between two decent sides looking to play football.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I would have sacrificed the Cup tie for a win in this one but after the 2nd round draw and the TV arrangement (for the Cup) I've changed my mind! I do think our better chance is in this match than the replay though, but it would be a real feelgood if we could win both.

I guess this is one of those situations where managers really have the opportunity to pit their wits against each other, trying to learn from the previous match(es) while anticipating changes that the opposition will make to best advantage. Quite a lot of self-imposed pressure on both Mellon and Ainsworth I would have thought. It should be intriguing.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would have sacrificed the Cup tie for a win in this one but after the 2nd round draw and the TV arrangement (for the Cup) I've changed my mind!
Yes, me too. The cup replay takes on massive proportions when you consider the prize and TV money that is at stake, plus an effective bye to the third round (with no disrespect to Chichester). I would be happy enough with a draw on Sunday provided we win the replay, but the superstitious part of me says we will be lucky to avoid defeat in all three games.

We played well last Saturday and I think we will start with the same personnel and system. Ferrier does not look fit enough to start at the moment but may take the place of Jennings in the medium term, and I don't envisage any changes elsewhere.

We have already sold over 5,000 tickets, so I think the gate will be 6,000 plus, with 3-400 from Wycombe.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
There is no mention of Danns not being available on the preview on the official site so maybe he is not away this weekend. This will be a tough test again and I think it will be a draw again 1 1

Player
Manager
John King
Guyana have got two fixtures this weekend, so I assume Danns will be missing.

Edit: MM confirmed he is away in his interview.

Player
aldo
we just have to remember the Oxford City home game last season . they out played us and should have won . we can,t take things for granted

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Probably jumping the gun a bit here. Let's just see where we are after the flurry of Wycombe games.

Player
Manager
John King
A great set of results for us today, with Wimbledon, MK Dons, Rochdale, Lincoln and Accrington all losing !

Bolton won, but with a further points deduction due, I don't think they can catch us now.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A decent set of results today, Bolton beating MK is good as Bolton are likely to lose at least 6 more points, Lincoln are in freefall Accrington & Rochdale lost, if we can get 3 points tomorrow will be a very good weekend

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Lincoln weren’t in great form when the Cowley’s left and no new manager bounce. Surprised as thought they’d comfortably hold their own at this level.

Hope we can take advantage of these good results by getting something out of tomorrow’s game.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Teams in chaps:

Davies
Ridehalgh
Nelson
Monthe
Morris
Potter
Jennings
Caprice
Perkins
Hepburn-Murphy
Wilson

Lots of attacking options on the bench with Ferrier, Payne, CBT and Mullin.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
No surprise with the starting xi for Rovers and not a great deal of defensive options to put on the bench given CBJ indifferent form.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
I know we don't have a big hudget, but the team and bench starting to look strong. Might sneak a 2-1 win.