• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Wycombe (FA Cup)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm starting to have some doubts about Scott. Goalkeepers are prone to mistakes and because they're usually more costly than those made by outfield players, they tend to get highlighted. There seem to have been a few occasions this season, when he's made the wrong choice with adverse consequences. I don't thin his distribution has been so good this season, more long punts at the expense of cushioned kicks and bowling the ball out. I don't know if either to the change in goalkeeping coach or the captaincy are factors in this. The problem is we haven't got any options /competition in the net, Luke Pilling clearly isn't a contender in Micky's eyes.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I'm starting to have some doubts about Scott. Goalkeepers are prone to mistakes and because they're usually more costly than those made by outfield players, they tend to get highlighted. There seem to have been a few occasions this season, when he's made the wrong choice with adverse consequences. I don't thin his distribution has been so good this season, more long punts at the expense of cushioned kicks and bowling the ball out. I don't know if either to the change in goalkeeping coach or the captaincy are factors in this. The problem is we haven't got any options /competition in the net, Luke Pilling clearly isn't a contender in Micky's eyes.
What mistakes that have led to goals can you actually pinpoint, other than the punch on Saturday ? I can't actually think of any.

Player
ian goodison
what about the 2 long range shots from Elliot Durrell that went under his body against Macclesfield?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Scott appeared to be at fault for Gillingham's second goal in the 2-2, while from the highlights he arguably could have got down quicker for the Milton Keynes goal in the 1-3 win.

Player
Manager
John King
what about the 2 long range shots from Elliot Durrell that went under his body against Macclesfield?
That was three seasons ago and I don't think he could have saved them anyway. The only other error I can remember him making this season was for the second goal at Ipswich and he has generally been very solid. Our appalling record in concedIng goals from set plays - the responsibility of the players ahead of him - is a bigger concern than Scott's form.

Player
Manager
John King
Scott appeared to be at fault for Gillingham's second goal in the 2-2, while from the highlights he arguably could have got down quicker for the Milton Keynes goal in the 1-3 win.
He could not have been expected to save that goal. It was a shot in the bottom corner from twelve yards.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Scott was at fault for one of the goals against Ipswich when he spilt a free kick and their player put the rebound in.

Going forward if we do stay up this season, hopefully our finances should allow us to bring in some competition for him, as good as he has been for us he does need competition

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
It would have to be competition from another GK who has come through our ranks unless one of the outfield young lads can stake a claim on the bench for the foreseeable at least.
Next season should see us experiment alittle more with the youth as long as we can get in some seasoned L1 level players around them. We’ve unfortunately had too many seasons of pressure to avoid relegation or gain promotion in the last 6 years to bleed anyone into the team consistently.

Player
aldo
yes . love connor but he has been poor this season . . the Presure is showing on some of the players some of them are just not lg 1 standard . nothing more to say realy . oh just off topic only 42 tickets left for the fleet away day gonna be an amazing away crowd . we had over 1000 tickets . best fans in the land

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Winner of the replay at home to Kingstonian on BT Sport on the Sunday. £75k for TV plus £54k and a 3rd Round tie if we can win it. Potentially a lot of money at stake for us to win at Adams Park.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Davies has been much better this season than Jennings.
Neither have performed as well as last season. If Connor isn't playing well, there are plenty of other options to replace him, but that doesn't apply to Scott. Genuine competition for the goalie shirt may keep him on his toes a bit more.
yes . love connor but he has been poor this season . . the Presure is showing on some of the players some of them are just not lg 1 standard . nothing more to say realy . oh just off topic only 42 tickets left for the fleet away day gonna be an amazing away crowd . we had over 1000 tickets . best fans in the land
Too early to write Connor off, in my view. Don't think he's had much, if any, experience at this level and given he's got his name on the scoresheet a few times and some assists, may be still capable of stepping up to this level.

Player
Manager
John King
Neither have performed as well as last season. If Connor isn't playing well, there are plenty of other options to replace him, but that doesn't apply to Scott. Genuine competition for the goalie shirt may keep him on his toes a bit more.

Too early to write Connor off, in my view. Don't think he's had much, if any, experience at this level and given he's got his name on the scoresheet a few times and some assists, may be still capable of stepping up to this level.
Nobody is writing Jennings off, but Davies has generally looked more comfortable than him at this level so far. Anyway, this conversation seems to have gone off track. Davies has looked solid in League One to me, irrespective of how other players are coping with the step up.