• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EFL Trophy Rovers v Wigan

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wigan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Wigan
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 06:30 PM
Until: Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 08:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
well, the Micky mouse cup is back. Lloyd, I would play him and rest one of the other lads will he keep most of the team the same. think with Wigans poor form we will beat them 3-1

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well it’s silly trophy day and Rovers face Wigan in the EFL Trophy / Papa John’s Trophy and whatever else they wish to call it.

I might watch it as there is nothing else to do and I think we might win as Wigan are all over the place with a manager as hated as Jackson.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Could be a much needed boost to the finances if we win tonight.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, Wigan are in a mess off the pitch and will in all likelihood field a very weak team, so this is a good chance for us to maintain momentum.

I would rest all of the key, senior players (Vaughan, Feeney, Clarke, Spearing etc.) and I would guess Nelson, Banks, Young, Woolery and co. will get a run out.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'd like to see more of Woolery. Still not convinced by him.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Result may depend on team selection but I’ll bet all the fit fringe players plus Lloyd will get some action. They all need match practice, the regulars need a rest and we can’t risk any injuries. Problem is that without Vaughan and CBT, who’s going to score the goals? So I think we might sneak it 2-1 or maybe on penalties.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thought Dawes mentioned something about Ferrier getting game time.I’d agree with resting the key players and not worth risking CBT. Money to be made from progressing so hope we can win.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Pretty much wholesale changes. Lloyd starts and Ferrier is on the bench.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
One or two surprises, thought Macdonald and Young might get a start and they’re not even on the bench. A rare outing for Ray too.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Don't follow why they are not even on the bench. I wonder if either/ both of them have been recalled and it simply hasn't been announced?
Would like to see Burton get some game time today as well as of course Ferrier.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Is it 2 bookings for an EFL Trophy ban then?