• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EFL Trophy Rovers v Wigan

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wigan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Wigan
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 06:30 PM
Until: Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 08:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Rovers passing been poor so far, too many missed passes. I'm sure we'll grow into it.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A screamer puts Wigan back in front, a few seconds after a smart finish from Woolery.

A disjointed performance although we improved a bit as the half went on. Lloyd has been our best player.

Reactions: Ian

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Too many Rovers players deployed out of position and suffering for it. Arguably Wigan should have had a penalty shortly before our equaliser, while there was a clear push in the build up to their quality finish for the second. They deserve the lead.

Lloyd has shown some nice touches, but the foul throw when we were in a good position was a waste.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Lloyd & Nelson playing well not much from the rest so far.

Player
Manager
John King
2-2 ! Lovely finish from Morris after a great ball from Lloyd.

Last edited:
Player
Manager
John King
Is the commentator Sid Nelson's dad ? He has been OK but nothing special.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Salford must have some great midfielders is all I can say...

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
That was very poor, banks Khan woolery walker-rice ray all poor although Walker-rice & ray played out of position

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Are these penalties for real? I've never seen so many poor penalties.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Smith another who was poor. Very few players did themselves any favours tonight but at least we go through.

No to get a manager sorted.

Player
Manager
John King
Are these penalties for real? I've never seen so many poor penalties.
Yes, pretty woeful was not it ? I have no idea why Ferrier took the first one, when he has not played for months and looked well off the pace.

At least we are through.....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, always good to get a win. 3 on the bounce!

Player
Manager
John King
A typical Pizza Trophy performance.

It was very disjointed throughout and I don't think we learned a great deal from that, other than that Lloyd is a good signing. We looked slightly better in the second half when we switched from the diamond to a 532, but with so many changes and players out of poisition there was no flow to the game.

I thought Morris and Kahn did OK in the second half and Murphy made a couple of important saves, but that was about it. I appreciate that Walker Rice and Ray were played out of position, but our right side was terrible in the first half. In general, I think Walker Rice needs to improve his athleticism and mobility if he is going to make it, and despite his cultured left foot he seems to lack the spark and awareness that Burton showed earlier in the season. Still time for him to develop obviously. As Mart says, Smith was also disappointing, albeit he received no service.

Lloyd was still going strong at the end, and I would not be surprised if he starts on Saturday.

Player
aldo
winning breeds confidence, tonight has been all about giving the first team a rest, credit to Lloyd not played in months done good tonight

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think those played in position did reasonably well save the anonymous Smith. Of those who were deployed outside their normal role, only Morris emerged with much credit, although he did have a stint at left wing-back last season. Walker-Rice seems to have regressed this season, though would like to have seen him and Khan swapping sides for a spell.

It was a nasty challenge on Lloyd late on and although he came out to take a penalty, might be some query over his fitness for the weekend. Ridehalgh also went off injured. In the current climate, the financial boost from making the next round is a positive in itself and as AM mentions, we're developing a winning mentality.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Fair assessment by RLC. DWR absolutely awful - yes out of position but I was still disappointed and yes he needs to urgently up his game. Banks will not be in the team going forward unless due to injuries. Too much of a luxury. Smith really is doing nothing. I would have preferred Burton to him and Ferrier way off the pace and all his mouthing off after the tackle on Lloyd was unnecessary.
Thought Murphy was good again and a couple of his penalty saves were excellent - should be starting IMO but won't I know.
Yes very disjointed and passing awful in first 20 minutes but still it was way better than early in the season with some nice interplay and players making themselves available.
Finally Llloyd must have been training with someone before us as clearly very match fit! To me was a revelation and MOM in my view, If his leg is ok must surely start Saturday. Hope Rides is ok.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It was very disjointed throughout and I don't think we learned a great deal from that, other than that Lloyd is a good signing.
Agree with this. It was hard to really make any assessments although the jury is still out on Woolery. He was gifted by their defender's woeful backpass but he did finish it well in all fairness. I'm really not so sure about Smith either. I've not seen much from him at all from the minutes he's had on the pitch.

I think Lloyd will be fine. Although the tackle wasn't great, I don't think he caught that much of him. If he was that bad, I don't think he would have come back on with only a few mins to go. Certainly seems like a good player to have in the team. I hope he's a consistent performer.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Thanks for the reports. Positive signs about Lloyd and you wonder whether playing for a local team may see us get the best out of him

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Dawes again talked well post match and mentioned how sharp Lloyd has looked and how Ferrier impressed in the second half. It’s obvious I think he would like the job and used the word momentum several times, perhaps with a hint to Palios that they are building something

interesting times - Will a new manager be in place for Saturday?