• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rovers v Watford take 3

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’m unsure everything we’re being told adds up. When the pitch statement was released a couple of weeks ago, talking about major work, we hadn’t reached the fourth round and a televised tie with Man Utd, so monies must have already been set aside for pitch work. We’re getting EXTRA funds as a consequence of this Cup tie and I’d like to think some of it will be going towards the playing budget. With Wilson’s loan extension, perhaps it already has.

ADD

Player
Norwood
The major pitch repairs are already in the budget the MP and NP statement said that a week or so ago. That said until all is revealed they cannot be certain how bad the drains are so the cost must necessarily be an estimate -.
That said an extra £500k or whatever is welcome no matter how it is spent since the club has lost so much during our NL days. My bet is that now Wilson is announced we will at best bring in one more player. Clarke, Woodyard and Wilson (if fit) bring a major improvement to the squad - and for me we will score enough goals with our current strikers to win games if our defence is now solid - whether it is enough remains to be seen but early signs are encouraging.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We can also add McCullough as an extra salary to pay. So that's four players who are new or have had their contracts extended. However, since we knew we'd get an extra £500,000, we've only signed one loanee and he won't be on £1m a year! So there must be some extra funds available for players. ;)

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think McCullough is just on a pay as you play type deal, so probably is not costing us a great deal if anything. However, I agree that extra funds will be made available for players.