• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Watford - Postponed

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Game off.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Saved me a journey, but really not good enough!

Player
aldo
I. Glad e didn't get a ticket . It's not good enough. They need good hard look at them selves . They've know what the forecast has been . Feel for there fans who will have been half way there .

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
I’d agree if the Ipswich game is called off.

the cover they’re currently using should make for a workable surface come Saturday if they keep it on.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop

the cover they’re currently using should make for a workable surface come Saturday if they keep it on.
The word seems to be that they are going to … thankfully.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Rescheduled for Thursday next week - wonder if they'll put back the Blackpool trip by 24 hours? Interesting statement about the pitch - well, I found it interesting anyway!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Rescheduled for Thursday next week - wonder if they'll put back the Blackpool trip by 24 hours? Interesting statement about the pitch - well, I found it interesting anyway!
It is going to be a hectic few days for the club either way. A game at Blackpool within forty eight hours, or a match with Man United / Wolved to organise in three days, including shifting 14,700 tickets.

Player
Manager
John King

I think there must be major doubts about upcoming games as well, given the problems with the drainage. Even modest rainfall renders it unplayable at the moment, and there is obviously serious damage to the top surface. Will it be fit for purpose at all for the remainder of the season ?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
With drainage being a huge issue, I’m not sure how effective these covers are going to be as the rain has nowhere to go other then back into the ground. If the weather does not improve soon I think we’ll struggle to host any upcoming games.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Forecast dry tomorrow then rain up to mid-day Friday and dry thereafter. Touch and go regarding the Ipswich game, though hoping that goes ahead having altered my plans to ensure I could be there.

Detailed response to the pitch issues from Mark and Nicola, get the impression that they've been getting a good amount of flak over this problem.

drwhoman

At least Watford will get no advantage from the delay. They are away at Aston Villa on the Tuesday so we should get the reserve team. They are facing four games in nine days!

Player
aldo
Have to think is a deal with Liverpool for the u23s and ladies worth it . Look I g at the state of the pitch no it bloody ant . i have seen the statement they have put out . they have known about it should have been sorted b4 it got to this mess

Player
Manager
John King
At least Watford will get no advantage from the delay. They are away at Aston Villa on the Tuesday so we should get the reserve team. They are facing four games in nine days!
If we beat Watford we would also have to play three games in six days, two against Premier League opposition, the other against Sunderland. All of those games would be at Prenton Park.....

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Blackpool lost their replay tonight, so if we lose to Watford would still have to play a game within 48 hours.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Blackpool lost their replay tonight, so if we lose to Watford would still have to play a game within 48 hours.
It will actually be 41 hours, even less if the replay went to ET, which seems pretty rough!

Reactions: Boz
Player
Manager
John King
It will actually be 41 hours, even less if the replay went to ET, which seems pretty rough!
Apparently the scheduling is all because of the Premier League winter break. The Watford game would ordinarily have taken on place on 4th round weekend (which would have enabled me to attend :(), with the Wolves / United game taking place in the 4th round replay slot ten days later. However, United and Wolves both go on their 'break' on 1st February, so that usual midweek slot is unavailable.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
You're right. Hopefully the extra day off will be another incentiive to beat Watford!