• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Watford - Postponed

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I went to the pre-season friendly in august v Walsall and they had to stop the game to try and get rid of the water then
Yeah, forgotten about that. Warning signs were there after the pitch had just been relayed and there was a lot of surface water in the corner of the kop/jk stand. I think it had only rained for a day! :oops:

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Relaying the pitch without tackling the drainage issues would be an expensive stop gap. And any unplanned relaying of the pitch would eat up most of the money from our cup run and leave very little for team strengthening. Bad news in every way. :(

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Relaying the pitch without tackling the drainage issues would be an expensive stop gap. And any unplanned relaying of the pitch would eat up most of the money from our cup run and leave very little for team strengthening. Bad news in every way. ;(
I'm not sure we have much money left for the squad unless we get rid of some and or best watford

Player
aldo
mm has said he needs to shift players out but who is gonna want them some of them are out injured more than they play . think a few loans will happen in and out . but if the pitch keeps getting worse its only gonna mean games not getting played at pp and that,s going to be a massive issue

ADD

Player
Norwood
returfing would be an expensive stop gap - the issue is drainage which has obviously completely failed...

Player
ian goodison
good luck trying to shift some of the squad to be honest as AM says half are injured and half are not good enough

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We are heading for a 10,000 gate, as pre-sales are now above 9,000. An excellent turnout considering Watford's squad players are not the biggest draw.

Reactions: Ian
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
This game is obviously still in serious doubt, given the heavy rain that is forecast for tomorrow afternoon. However, on the assumption that it goes ahead, we could have a few selection dilemmas due to the new crop of injuries.

I would start with the following team.

Chapman
Caprice Clarke Monthe Ridehalgh (if fit enough)
Morris Danns Perkins CBT (if fit enough)
Jennings (if fit)
Ferrier

Watford are likely to start with an even weaker side than in the original tie, given that they played yesterday. All the more incentive for us to get the game on.

Hopefully it will be a great night for Rovers.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Fingers crossed its on!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It will be interesting when they make the decision as the worse of the weather is due mid late afternoon when Watford fans and players would have left

ADD

Player
Norwood
This game is obviously still in serious doubt, given the heavy rain that is forecast for tomorrow afternoon. However, on the assumption that it goes ahead, we could have a few selection dilemmas due to the new crop of injuries.

I would start with the following team.

Chapman
Caprice Clarke Monthe Ridehalgh (if fit enough)
Morris Danns Perkins CBT (if fit enough)
Jennings (if fit)
Ferrier

Watford are likely to start with an even weaker side than in the original tie, given that they played yesterday. All the more incentive for us to get the game on.

Hopefully it will be a great night for Rovers.
Would not disagree too much with that - there is an argument for not extending Chapman again to save a bit of cash and I would also have Woodyard starting in place of Perkins probably. or else have CBT on bench for the second half...

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
ADD, Woodyard is cup-tied and unavailable for this game.

No strong views about the line-up in general. If Connor is unfit, need to play someone up front with Ferrier or CBT, if his fitness sufficient to ensure Morgan not left isolated.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
If it's on and the pitch is particularly heavy I would be considering this with my team selection. I wonder if MM takes the same view. If he does, a workhorse like Mullin may get a rare start.

ADD

Player
Norwood
ADD, Woodyard is cup-tied and unavailable for this game.

No strong views about the line-up in general. If Connor is unfit, need to play someone up front with Ferrier or CBT, if his fitness sufficient to ensure Morgan not left isolated.
Of course he is cup tied - sorry a senior comment!!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
All quiet at the moment so I’m guessing it depends on the heavy rain due this afternoon.

it’s a dilemma. We want the game to go ahead but if the pitch was ruined, we’ve got another big game at PP this Saturday

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Pitch is still completed covered up with air blowing underneath the covers... tv crews are there setting up so looks like going ahead at this point

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Pitch inspection at six. Not great for the traveling fans so let's hope the games on!

Player
Norwood
Pitch is still completed covered up with air blowing underneath the covers... tv crews are there setting up so looks like going ahead at this point
I wonder why they left it until last night to cover the pitch and use the blown air? They presumably could have had it running all weekend..