• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Watford - Postponed

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Watford are due to play Villa in the league next week, but I would guess that would be rearranged.

Player
Manager
John King
On reflection, it could be played on the fourth round weekend (25th January) as the PL don't have any fixtures scheduled on those dates.

ADD

Player
Norwood
the weather for monday is horrible torrential rain all day and tuesday not much better
AM if that is the case no chance whatsoever - there was standing water everywhere today and as there is nowhere for it to drain no chance of it being better with more heavy rain

Player
Manager
John King
The concern for me is that with the amount of grassless turf on the pitch at the moment, even moderate rain will be enough to cause postponements between now and the end of the season. We had a long dry spell prior to last night's rain, but that did not prevent the pitch from becoming a quagmire.

Do we reach a point where the playing surface is simply not fit for use without being relaid ?

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
The state of our pitch has become a real embarrassment. It has the potential to really cost us since delays in the Watford replay shorten the time between knowing what our revised budget is and the end of the transfer window. At this rate we will end up playing a stupid number of games in the spring which could hamper our survival chances.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
The concern for me is that with the amount of grassless turf on the pitch at the moment, even moderate rain will be enough to cause postponements between now and the end of the season. We had a long dry spell prior to last night's rain, but that did not prevent the pitch from becoming a quagmire.

Do we reach a point where the playing surface is simply not fit for use without being relaid ?
Something needs to be done. Is relaying the pitch actually a solution to the underlying problem, though?

Player
Manager
John King
Something needs to be done. Is relaying the pitch actually a solution to the underlying problem, though?
No, I don't think it is, but there could come a point in the short term where the current surface is simply unplayable.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
The state of our pitch has become a real embarrassment. It has the potential to really cost us since delays in the Watford replay shorten the time between knowing what our revised budget is and the end of the transfer window. At this rate we will end up playing a stupid number of games in the spring which could hamper our survival chances.
Furthermore, we have to persuade any transfer targets to play on THAT!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It really is a state. The ball has got stuck numerous times in the mud patches. It will only get worse. I’m assuming we get some kind of revenue for allowing others to use our pitch ?

Player
aldo
Liverpool pay to use the pitch its over £250k a year . but it will cost around £300k to relay the pitch . if it was looked after in the first place it would not be an issue . its the one side mp has let him self down . the forecast on tuesday has put me off getting a ticket there is no chance of the game going ahead its going to rain almost all day monday and pretty much tuesday to sorry guys but no chance in hell of it being on

Player
Manager
John King
AM, the Met Office forecast says Monday will be dry until 3pm and after 7pm. Similarly, rain is only expected on Tuesday from 3pm onwards. I have just walked past the ground and the pitch looks dry at the moment. I would say there is a small chance of the game being on, depending on how intense the rain is on Tuesday in the hours preceding kick off. Go ahead and buy your ticket, your club needs you. ☺

Player
aldo
i will get it but if it is called off prob can,t make the next one as tuesday is a rare quiet day . hoping there will be some on the day to buy

Player
aldo
the pitch is piss poor and some one needs sacking for it or hiring to look after it . looking after it costs less and what there doing now , its maddness

Player
ian goodison
I went to the pre-season friendly in august v Walsall and they had to stop the game to try and get rid of the water then

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'd agree that the failure to keep the pitch in as reasonable a condition as the geography will allow is an issue and something which the Palioi should be addressing in the short-term, whatever re-location plans may be.

Micky wouldn't instruct the players to adopt a long ball hoof over the top approach to counteract the conditions, but even if we went down that route, Rovers don't have any aerially strong forwards to take advantage.

Player
aldo
would think depending on the weather could take a week and one week bedding in you cant play right away you would end up with the same mess again . so there lies another problem