• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Watford - Postponed

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
For what it is worth, I think Gary Lineker has undue influence on the BBC's choices. He was talking up the Liverpool game as the 'tie of the round' and, lo and behold, it was chosen for coverage. He might also have influenced the decision to show a mundane replay involving his former club Spurs, rather than the Watford game.

Player
aldo
with over 7k home fans alone . it is annoying that more don,t come more regular . it would help the club amazingly if more of them turned up week in week out the club would move on more quickly . . like the last few home games last season when we where getting 9k a game

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I think that is true, but it would be good for the club to have a game televised on the BBC some time soon, for the kudos and exposure it would bring.

The last one was the FA Cup quarter final against Millwall in 2004 I think.
Wow! I didn't realise it was that long ago - but thought that one was on Sky?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Real "feel good" piece - nicely done. Well done BBC. Must say it's slightly odd that they've built up our replay more than the one they have chosen to televise!
Even the BBC can’t agree amongst themselves. BBC 5 live is broadcasting our match live and putting the Spurs replay on 5 live extra

Player
aldo
over 8k sold only 350 away come on lads lets fill the park the kop needs filling lets get pp rocking they are gonna hate the pitch we need to run them ragged

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I see the WSL match has been called off today due to the state of the pitch. It sounds like St Anne's beach - sand and puddles. Let's hope it stays dry and they can sort it for Tuesday!

Player
Manager
John King
I have seen a photo of the pitch and it looks absolutely horrendous. With the rain that is forecast on Monday and Tuesday the match must be in serious doubt unfortunately.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If ,as some have suggested, players minds may have been elsewhere during the league game, then delaying it to after Ipswich isn't going to help our cause.

Player
Manager
John King
If ,as some have suggested, players minds may have been elsewhere during the league game, then delaying it to after Ipswich isn't going to help our cause.
I don't think there was any evidence of that yesterday. There was plenty of effort but a lack of quality.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Liverpool ladies called off today and pitch looks awful. Can’t see game being on with more rain due before Tuesday evening