• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Vale

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Scotty is one of 5 players under contract for be t season along with Spearing Vaughan Jolley & Macdonald
Agree that if we can get the spine sorted for either L1 or L2 then that will be a boost but as RLC says it may depend on cash although the size of the squad suggests we’re doing ok financially.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It would be good if we could secure a few more players even at this stage, with promotion not a given, thinking Woolery and Khan in particular. There are one or two others who've done well, but have doubts as to how they'd fare if we were able to get back up to L1.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It would be good if we could secure a few more players even at this stage, with promotion not a given, thinking Woolery and Khan in particular. There are one or two others who've done well, but have doubts as to how they'd fare if we were able to get back up to L1.
I would guess we are reluctant to commit to any additional spending until we know when crowds are back in. That should be in this calendar year, but the situation is volatile.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I would guess we are reluctant to commit to any additional spending until we know when crowds are back in. That should be in this calendar year, but the situation is volatile.
You're right, that it's difficult to know where we stand at present and it makes some sense to be cautious. That said, we seem to be carrying quite a big squad now. If the NL opts to continue playing, wonder if one or two might head out in that direction.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That was a really enjoyable game, and I wont say that often watching it on TV. Confidence is sky high and you could see that in their play. We looked to drive forward at every occasion and had their keeper not made a string of decent saves we could have doubled the score line. Our forward play was fantastic with Woolery having a superb game. Really full of confidence taking players on.

I thought Vale tried to bully us in the second half and knock us about a little to stop our free flowing football and as a consequence the game didn't flow as smooth as the first half. Having said that, we were still on top looking dangerous on the break and restricting Vale to very little.

Excellent football at the moment and I hope it continues.

Player
aldo
Rock & Roll football for us and Shock and roll for the Rest of the LG, if the weather stays away, the same team 6-0 on Tuesday with James and Woolery both getting hattricks

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Looking at the League Two highlights on Quest, there are some terrible pitches out there, reminiscent of ours this time last year. Ours still looks good and may be helping the team on its current run.

Player
Jonny Morrisey
Might be a daft question this guys but given I've not seen too many games this season (only 2) indulge me please. How good has Jay Spearing really been so far?

Player
Manager
John King
Looking at the League Two highlights on Quest, there are some terrible pitches out there, reminiscent of ours this time last year. Ours still looks good and may be helping the team on its current run.
I was thinking the same BBTC. All of them look very poor and several are absolutely atrocious (Peterborough, Barrow and Newport especially), and that is without considering the games that were postponed today.

If we get through this winter without any postponements due to waterlogging, we will have done very well.

Player
Manager
John King
Might be a daft question this guys but given I've not seen too many games this season (only 2) indulge me please. How good has Jay Spearing really been so far?
Absolutely superb.

He was quite poor under Mike Jackson, as were the majority of the squad, but since the autumn he has been brilliant. His reading of the game is fantastic and he is way too good for this level in all honesty.

If I was forced to choose a player of the season now, it would be between him and James Vaughan.

Player
Jonny Morrisey
Thanks RLC, I see regular positive comments on here about him and given that I only saw him in the MJ days in which as you say, he was poor, I was just after a bit of background into his performances. Hopefully he and the boys can keep this going and get us over the line.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
If we get through this winter without any postponements due to waterlogging, we will have done very well.
Other teams are definitely having problems and may struggle to fit all the postponed matches in. Last season we had home matches called off because of our pitch, which never got played. This may have cost us our place in League One. This season is relentless but our new pitch should make sure we avoid a fixture pile up, unlike some of our rivals.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think that when Jay Spearing joined us, there were some fitness issues, a suggestion that he may have had covid (no idea if true or not)and there was a real concern we’d bought someone out for a last payday. Unsure that Mike Jackson was at fault for that.

Since he regained his stamina/fitness, Jay has been excellent. Does a lot of work defensively but as we saw in this game has an eye for the killer pass as well. He’s also achieved a level of consistency and reliability about his game which is invaluable.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The pitch definitely helps with our playing style too.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre

Agree about Spearing. When he joined he didn’t impress and I thought what the hell have we got here. Since then he’s been quality. Not just his leadership being so vocal and his tackling, but his short and long passing is excellent as shown yesterday. Surprised we’re not at shorter odds to win the league with our squad