• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Vale

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
3-1. Well deserved.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A terrific performance by Rovers and we deserved to win by a bigger margin. We really are playing some lovely stuff now.

I thought Vale pressed us in the first fifteen minutes of the first half and the last fifteen minutes of the second, but generally huffed and puffed and created little. We showed all the quality and the interplay between Feeney, MacDonald and Lloyd was great to watch, with good passing and rotation. Kahn had another great game at right back and, aside from one nervous back header in the first half, Manny was solid. Spearing was Spearing, and Vaughan's finishing was what we have come to expect.

Lloyd was brilliant and his energy was key to the performance, but I would give man of the match to Kaiyne Woolery. He scored the first goal and created the second and looked dangerous all afternoon. He is not as 'showy' as Ferrier but offers far more in the final third. A very underrated player.

We move into third position and let us hope we stay in the automatic places until May.

Last edited:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
In the end it was fairly comfortable and we didn't concede the usual late goal to give us heart murmurs. Some excellent performances in midfield and up front, while Khan had another assured game at right back. Probably about 5 or 6 could have been MoM, but I'd agree Woolery just edged it. Took his goal well, nearly scored again at the death and involved throughout. He's not got the same bite to his game as Ferrier, but is far more effective in a forward's main function of creating and taking chances.

Moment of the match was Peter Clarke pogo-ing out of our area with the ball between his legs before passing it onto a white shirt.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Very pleasing being up to third after our third league double of the season. OK, we have had a run of easier fixtures recently and some of our rivals have had their games postponed, but we have played well and not let our defensive lapses cost us anything. We now have three more winnable league games coming up before four potentially season defining scraps against some of our main rivals. Given our quality and strength in depth, we are now in a great position to push on.

Player
aldo
and long may it continue, Woolery has 3 in 3 and 6 for the season, and with Nugent to come into the frame if he can get 8-10 goals things are looking amazing at the moment let,s enjoy being the form team in Merseyside

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We played some fantastic football at times and really we should have scored 5 or 6 as we must some excellent chances.

For me Woolery was just about mom and he is currently in a good run, roll on tuesday.

Player
Manager
John King
I feel Kahn's performance is again worth a special mention. They put their most dangerous player, Rodney, up against him believing he would be a weak link, but he snuffed him out of the game. His defensive performances are improving week by week and his quality on the ball is terrific.

What a masterstroke by Hill to play him at right back.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
In the end it was fairly comfortable and we didn't concede the usual late goal to give us heart murmurs. Some excellent performances in midfield and up front, while Khan had another assured game at right back. Probably about 5 or 6 could have been MoM, but I'd agree Woolery just edged it. Took his goal well, nearly scored again at the death and involved throughout. He's not got the same bite to his game as Ferrier, but is far more effective in a forward's main function of creating and taking chances.

Moment of the match was Peter Clarke pogo-ing out of our area with the ball between his legs before passing it onto a white shirt.

another moment of the match was that super tackle by spearing taking ball and then man! Had my heart in mouth for a few seconds!!

agree about Woolery as MOM but could have been a few of them

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I feel Kahn's performance is again worth a special mention. They put their most dangerous player, Rodney, up against him believing he would be a weak link, but he snuffed him out of the game. His defensive performances are improving week by week and his quality on the ball is terrific.

What a masterstroke by Hill to play him at right back.

Agree with this. So many full backs just lump the ball down the line or forward whereas Otis Cafu always looks for a pass and technically is excellent. McDonald on the other side was excellent again also

Player
aldo
now I know I am getting ahead of my self but we have a lot of this team out of contract in the summer, Lloyd, Woolery, Scotty D, to name a few I would be asking Feeney the question of getting him sorted

Player
Manager
John King
now I know I am getting ahead of my self but we have a lot of this team out of contract in the summer, Lloyd, Woolery, Scotty D, to name a few I would be asking Feeney the question of getting him sorted
I would guess we can't commit until we know what division we are in AM. Still uncertain times financially.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Khan as right-back is growing on me. He seems to getting more into the role, has an eye for the attacking ball and has cut out some of the riskier balls he tried in the early games he was deployed there. Rodney was moved over to the opposite side, so effective was Otis in calming him down.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Scotty is one of 5 players under contract for be t season along with Spearing Vaughan Jolley & Macdonald

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Khan as right-back is growing on me. He seems to getting more into the role, has an eye for the attacking ball and has cut out some of the riskier balls he tried in the early games he was deployed there. Rodney was moved over to the opposite side, so effective was Otis in calming him down.

yes I agree boz. In a few games he liked playing that cross field pass across our own box or defensive third which worked out ok but was a bit risky. As Higgy said in commentary maybe Otis can read what wingers are going to do

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The cross early second half for Vaughan was fantastic