• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Vale

Player
aldo
they have got no Manager and a few players out, I am hoping it will be the same team as the last LG game thing too early for Nugent, and Crawford on the Bench, I see a 3-0 or 4-0 win with the goals spread around again

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Hope we can keep the wins racking up. On paper, this should be one of the easiest home games, but this is Tranmere Rovers. Anything can happen!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Vale's recent form under their caretaker manager has been erratic, with a few big victories interspersed with mediocre results. They come into this game off of a 5-1 thrashing of Southend and have players that are a handful, including the in-form Devante Rodney and the veteran Tom Pope. However, I think the outcome largely depends on our attitude. If we maintain recent standards we will win the game, and the relative freshness of the Big Guns who were rested on Tuesday night should help us.

I would imagine that we will revert to a similar team to the one that played Morecambe, although I would guess Lloyd will start and I also have a feeling that Crawford might partner Spearing.

As the Cheltenham - Carlisle game has been postponed and we have another home game against struggling Stevenage on Tuesday, we have a great opportunity to push into the automatic places this week. Let's hope we take it.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think loyd will start ahead of Kirby and that will be our only change from last week.

Think we will win 2 1.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'd be inclined to go for the side bigmart suggests. While Lewis looked a bit jaded towards the end, his defensive and tackling abilities could prove useful in this game, which is going to be competitive. Expecting another high-scoring game.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Doesn't sound like Nugent is ready yet, might not even be on the bench tomorrow.

Player
aldo
I love the youtube video of the lad's training and Hill is in there passing the ball and chasing the lads around good on him for being hands-on and in the thick of things

Reactions: Ian

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Is the weather ok on Wirral? Just been groundsman's forking my waterlogged garden here.

Player
Manager
John King
Completely dry at the moment. There was heavy rain last night but there will be no problems.

Reactions: Boz
Player
aldo
Tuesday might be different with the heavy frosts that we will be having over the next few days

Player
Manager
John King
I love the youtube video of the lad's training and Hill is in there passing the ball and chasing the lads around good on him for being hands-on and in the thick of things
Interesting that George Nugent was heavily involved in that footage and he is featured in the player interview in today's programme.

Perhaps one of the youngsters that Keith particularly rates.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Keith reiterates in his programme notes about the whole squad being in it together. All standard stuff for managers to put out I guess. Looking at today I’m assuming David Nugent may still not be fit to make the bench so will be interesting if Ferrier or CBT have knuckled down this week to earn a place in the squad

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well one thing I will say for iFollow, I'm certainly enjoying the pre-match music. Maybe they can play this through instead of turning the mic's on! :oops: