• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rovers v the fleet

Player
aldo
oh we need this on . the lads will be buzzing from the other night , keep the same team no changes no messing around , lets wined joey the t$%er barton up . we need the points , its going to be hard on the mud plains of prenton but we need to get over it and move on think it will be a hard 2-1 with cookie getting of the mark .

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Does anybody know the state of the pitch at the moment and whether any measures are being taken to protect it? There is plenty of rain forecast for Friday and Saturday which doesn't bode well.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Lovely and sunny today. If the rain isn't too bad over Fri night/Sat morning there may be a chance. We can't have any more postponements so I hope they'll do all they can to get it on.

Player
aldo
The pitch is dry bad as of yesterday . It's been dry today but the forecast is crap for Friday into Saturday all they can do is cover it and hope for the best

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Guess they’ll see how much rain comes tomorrow as with Fleetwood not far they can check it mid Saturday morning.
The cod army are in decent form. Unbeaten in 9 I think and were seconds away from winning at Sunderland midweek - albeit the stats showed they didn’t deserve it and were victims of their own time wasting which meant 6 extra minutes. Before that game they had won 5 in a row including games v Posh and Pompey.

Andy Mangan is on their coaching staff and fleet have decent forwards at this level in ched Evans and paddy madden so we’ll do well to keep a clean sheet.
We need wins but a point wouldn’t be a disaster as would have taken that at Shrewsbury and a win tomorrow. Wimbledon travel to Gillingham so they could get something there

really need the game to be on so we’re not cast adrift

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A defeat would put us back in limbo, although would not be a complete disaster. A draw would be a good result, but we should be looking to win as I believe we should be capable of beating most teams in this league on our day.

Player
ian goodison
don't know if ched evens is ok to play or still suspended, paddy madden another excellent forward also there

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
A win would be fantastic but I'd take the draw as long as our relegation rivals (who all have away fixtures) lose!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Very tough game of it goes ahead but would think it will be in doubt with a lot of rain forecast tomorrow and saturday.morning

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Joey Barton pre match

It’s going to be a tough game on Saturday, very different to Tuesday night and they [Tranmere] picked up a great result away at Shrewsbury during the week. That will give them a lot of confidence going into the game and Micky Mellon will be looking to get one over his former club, mainly because they need the points more than us.

“This is as tough as we’ve had. I’ll be honest and say I was that worried about Sunderland as I think those types of games are relatively easy to get yourself up for because you know you’re going to play in a great stadium and in these games, this is where you have to be careful.

“I will always remember in the good sides I was part of who were chasing promotion, the games you are expected to win, they are the ones that prove the most difficult because they are fighting for their lives. If we aren’t better than what we were on Tuesday night, it will be difficult.

“The pitch is what it is and I believe if you are a good player, the worse the pitch it is the better it should suit you. If you have a good first touch, the pitch is a leveler for people who don’t have a good touch. Good teams can win on anything and If it’s a scrap, we need to go and win it.”

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
This is a really tough game as Fleetwood have a good squad and are one of the form teams in the division. I thought we played quite well in the reverse fixture and were unfortunate to lose, but ultimately their greater quality told.

It is quite possible we will lose this match, despite recent improvements, and if that happens I think it is important that supporters don't return to the negativity of recent weeks. There will be bumps in the road, but the last few games suggest that we can compete at this level with the recent additions. I will be happy if we can at least match Wimbledon's result and the gap to safety does not increase. Gillingham's home record is superb and they are unbeaten in fourteen games, so Wimbledon have just as tough a fixture.

I would start with the same team that began the game on Tuesday, in a 442.

Hopefully the game will go ahead and a victory would be awesome.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Hopefully Clarke’s early season time at fleet will mean we can handle their forwards

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Raining a lot today :thumbsdown:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Noooooo

Player
ian goodison
from a purely selfish point of view I'm now 72 with aching bones and wasn't really looking forward to spending 3hrs in the cold/rain Saturday but after Tuesday which seems to have slightly lifted the gloom its really frustrating, just hope teams near us are not able to capitalise

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
No great surprise really. The rain we have had this week (and all winter) has been of Biblical proportions, and I think even with a regular pitch the game would have been off.

We just have to hope that Portsmouth give Rochdale a good tonking tonight and Wimbledon get nothing at Gillingham tomorrow.

I am gutted personally, as the rearranged game is likely to be when I am working away.

I will get my football fix at Chester on Tuesday night.