• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rovers v the fleet

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Healy scores again for Mk dons who get a good point at Rotherham. It’s now Rochdale above us with a 7 point gap altho we have a game in hand. Dons win at in form Gillingham a real coupon buster.
our opponents next week Accrington draw at Bolton - a winnable game for us and altho won’t be easy, we need to win.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We need to win around half of our remaining ing games which I just annoy see that happening

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We need to win around half of our remaining ing games which I just annoy see that happening
That depends on Rochdale's and Wimbledon's form, and not least whether we beat one (or both) of them.

If we can get four points from the next two games, we will probably be three points behind Rochdale. We than play Lincoln when they have a blank weekend, and play Dale on the following Tuesday. We would also be four behind Wimbledon and still to play them.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
To stand any chance of staying up, we need a run of unbeaten form winning most, but picking up points in the rest. If we could get through March without losing should still be in with a chance although April’s fixtures are very tough.

From today’s match reports it looked like Wimbledon deserved their win, but MKD, who are still not out of it we’re lucky to get anything at Rotherham.

Player
Manager
John King
To stand any chance of staying up, we need a run of unbeaten form winning most, but picking up points in the rest. If we could get through March without losing should still be in with a chance although April’s fixtures are very tough.

From today’s match reports it looked like Wimbledon deserved their win, but MKD, who are still not out of it we’re lucky to get anything at Rotherham.
Yes, I agree. All of the next six games are against teams in the bottom half and are 'winnable', and it is that series of fixtures that will probably determine our fate.

There is a particularly crucial seven days towards the end of March:

March 17th Rochdale v Tranmere
March 21st Wimbledon v Tranmere
March 24th Rochdale v Wimbledon

Last edited:

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Just can't believe Wimbledon beat Gillingham! So pi$$ed off!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Just can't believe Wimbledon beat Gillingham! So pi$$ed off!
I'm not superstitious but I'm not surprised. Gills have been on a 12-match unbeaten run (unlucky 13?) and were featured on our local BBC south east news programme as being challengers for promotion (along with half the division ;) ). The obnoxious Steve Evans was interviewed with a smug expression. In some ways I'm glad he lost.

Recent results (including Watford-Liverpool) should not make any team complacent or despondent. Despite Wimbledon's win, we still have a good chance if we can just hit a run of good form. At least Bolton and Southend don't seem to be threatening us at the moment.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think that Wimbledon have historically been a bit of a bogey team for the Gill’s. That doesn’t always count for anything and no logic to it, but on this occasion may have had an impact.

There are still 2 other sides; Rochdale and MKD in catching distance, anyone above that would have to have a serious slump to drop into relegation contention. It’s not over yet.

Player
Manager
John King
4 of our next 5 games are away . at least they will have a pitch to play on . .
I think it helps us a lot, particularly the wide players.

The players also probably feel less pressure playing away from home at the moment.

Player
aldo
yes but its the good pitches they will be loving ours is shame full . and takes its toll on the players