• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Sunderland

Player
aldo
not being funney but i like mullin but he cant do it over 90 mins . and don.t get me started on payne wast of space . mm needs to trust others more Gilmour is out of contract in summer play the boy . wee need two up top and two wide men we don,t score enough from centre mid ohhhhhh rant over

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
At the end of the day, a player should be judged on the number of goals he scores, creates or prevents. Mullin works hard but seems to score only as a sub when the opposition is tired. A forward can run around all he likes but if he doesn’t score many, he is vulnerable.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
At the end of the day, a player should be judged on the number of goals he scores, creates or prevents. Mullin works hard but seems to score only as a sub when the opposition is tired. A forward can run around all he likes but if he doesn’t score many, he is vulnerable.
Morgan Ferrier has only scored 4 goals for Rovers to date this season. Undoubtedly works hard, but applying your criteria he is not scoring many, so should also be vulnerable?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Morgan Ferrier has only scored 4 goals for Rovers to date this season. Undoubtedly works hard, but applying your criteria he is not scoring many, so should also be vulnerable?
A question for MM, perhaps. Certainly Ferrier's minutes per goal ratio is much higher. However, I get the impression he makes more of a nuisance of himself with opposing defences, creating opportunities for others.

Both players are a similar age (25) and are coming into their prime. Clearly Micky thinks Ferrier has the scope to develop more than Mullin.

Player
aldo
the problem is if you can,t create chances you wont score . even the ferry man is poor then has a decent game . but still not scoring enough . they need to push up a little more. to defensive and they cant even do that right

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Before Vaughn's arrival Ferrier was top of the pile for our stikers, but I wouldn't say he was streets ahead of Payne or Mullin.
Let's hope Vaughn shows enough form to make a clearer distinction.

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’m undecided on Ferrier, but he’s not a prolific scorer and doesn’t create many chances for himself or others. Maybe Vaughan will be able to exploit the space he creates by holding the ball up and dragging others out of position. However it concerns me that 2 of our 3 remaining strikers Ferrier and Vaughan seem injury prone and the thought of playing the remaining one Payne as a lone striker doesn’t inspire confidence.

Feeney looks a decent prospect but in an area where we have reasonable numbers, so which defender(S) are moving on?

McCullough now on a contract for the rest of the season, presume some of the Cup money gone on that.

Hope there’s another arrival in creative midfielder or winger. Currently this squad doesn’t look strong enough to stay up

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ferrier gets battered every week but seems to enjoy the rough and tumble. The only problem with that is that he very rarely gets a good opportunity in front of goal. I think he would score more if someone else was providing the service.

I agree though Boz, we certainly need some creativity as it’s getting a bit stale out there.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I agree Boz about Ferrier. He has looked good at times but doesn’t look like he has natural goalscoring instincts. Was the same at Walsall last season. I think he also gets frustrated which is understandable playing on his own for us. Who knows next season if we’re in league 2 and if we’re playing good attacking football then he may be prolific!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I agree with the sentiments above regarding Ferrier. His does his best work outside the box and his goalscoring record was not great even in the National League. Hopefully Vaughan will give us what we are missing in that regard.

Player
ian goodison
maybe Vaughan playing as the striker and ferrier playing the Jennings role we have to wait and see

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
We must surely play 2 up top if both Vaughan and Ferrier are fit, I would be amazed if we didn't!