• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Sunderland

Player
aldo
lets hope the boys put loads of effort into this now we need to start putting points on the board . we need to start being an ugly team , woodyard will be back who drops out . perkins mey be. Wilson to come in for caprise . mm has said he might have a few things sorted so will have to wait an see . . but we need a responce to today . a good show and points on the board . is what we want. they will prob sell the away out lets hope for another 7800-8500 i think a hard 1-0

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think we will start with the same formation as the last two games, but Woodyard will replace Perkins and Wilson might come in for Caprice (not certain he will, but I would start with Kane).

I think Danns will keep his place, but in the medium term I think Gilmour is ready to start games and I would like to see him get more time on the pitch, perhaps being rotated with Danns in the attacking midfield role.

We might be six points adrift by the time we kick off on Wednesday and we are reaching the point where we simply have to get a victory to keep in touch. I would hope we can take at least four points from the next two games.

The gate might not be as big as anticipated, given the number of matches we have had recently and Sunderland's failure to sell out.

Player
ian goodison
how many times has micky come out with changes will be made only to put out the same old same old? sunderland are on a good run and are no mugs so will have to be at our best

Player
Manager
John King
how many times has micky come out with changes will be made only to put out the same old same old? sunderland are on a good run and are no mugs so will have to be at our best
Never, as far as I can recall. I am not sure what you are referring to.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Frustrating from a personal perspective, as took Tuesday off to get to this game only for it to get moved to Wednesday. Don't think I'll make a midweek home game this season now.

I didn't think Caprice was that bad v Man Utd and can't see Wilson replacing him, though Kane might play if we use wing-backs. I would rest both Danns and Perkins for this one. Sunderland are on a decent run; 10 points from the last 12 and defensively keep things very tight. Expecting a crowd of around 7k and Rovers will do well to get anything from this one.

Player
aldo
oh ever the same old . it will be 7k plus and i think a few players will wana put the score on sunday right i will stick with a hard 1-0

Player
ian goodison
Never, as far as I can recall. I am not sure what you are referring to.
it,s not the 1st time micky has made the comment about changes then leaves things as they are, that's why I posted the comment maybe frustration on my part to see us in the bottom 3 yet same team/tactics appear to be the norm apart from changing centre backs you what team will play

ADD

Player
Norwood
The gate might not be as big as anticipated, given the number of matches we have had recently and Sunderland's failure to sell out.
Sunderland have now sold out their initial and been allocated another 450 tickets to be received today - not sure what that means? the whole of the Cowshed now??

Last edited by a moderator:

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Sunderland have now sold out their initial and been allocated another 450 tickets to be received today - not sure what that means? the whole of the Cowshed now??
It means they'll be LOUD! Great supporters, I'll never forget the Mercantile!

Reactions: ADD
Player
Manager
John King
it,s not the 1st time micky has made the comment about changes then leaves things as they are, that's why I posted the comment maybe frustration on my part to see us in the bottom 3 yet same team/tactics appear to be the norm apart from changing centre backs you what team will play
I don't recall any comment from Mellon regarding making changes. It is not the kind of comment he generally makes in interviews, where he does not generally discuss the details of selections.

In any case, personnel and formations have changed numerous times this season.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would expect a couple of changes in the back of two games in a short space of time.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Off topic but has anyone bought a Bolton ticket and if so, is it reserved? Want to meet a mate there but would be easier if unreserved

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We should have no fears after our recent cup run and the return of Woodyard. Given the extremely tough few days we've had, I'd be tempted to play Woodyard, Gilmour and Wilson plus Vaughan if he arrives in time. This would give us fresh legs and let us see what they are made of. However, I think that injuries apart Woodyard for Perkins will be the only change in the starting eleven.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Unfortunately BBC not the case. Clarke and Danns injured. Also CBT and RHM not even on the bench? Woods and Wilson both start so again we are having to move things around and Clarke being injured is a real blow

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Looks a poor team that, don't know why Gilmour doesn't get a start

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A baffling line-up. No CBT or RHM anywhere is hard to fathom. If there are that many injuries, Nelson and Gilmour should start. Can’t see us getting anything now.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Trying to work out the formation.
Another good chance for Woods to show he can shine at this level - if fit.