• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Stoke

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We only maintained it in defence because we had the numbers. Like I say, sometimes 10 men behind the ball. If you put your whole squad in defence, your sure to shut the opposition out. I'm hoping we won't be playing like that this afternoon as we need the 3 points but it does mean we'll still have the same weaknesses at the back and throughout the team.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We only maintained it in defence because we had the numbers. Like I say, sometimes 10 men behind the ball. If you put your whole squad in defence, your sure to shut the opposition out.

Not necessarily when you are playing opposition who are vastly superior. Players still have to maintain their discipline and do their defensive jobs, particularly against tricky customers like Crouch and Ireland; in addition, in the second half when we opened out a bit more, we looked even more comfortable at the back if anything.

The fact remains, had we played a more open game we would have mauled and that would be terrible for our already fragile confidence.

We will certainly be more positive this afternoon, time will tell how we defend.......