• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Stevenage

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Stevenage

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Stevenage
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, July 30, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, July 30, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
ohhhhhhh it is good to be Talking abt this again let us assume we get the young lad from Burnley what does MM do play him from the off or stick with Nevitt, and with the promise of a more attacking approach it should be fun and we will let more in at the back but if we are scoring more and being entertained then so be it, the positive side of me wants Brilliant rovers 6-0 but we don't do easily so will be more like 6-5 or 4-3 either way just a win to set the team will do

Player
ian goodison
like you AM have no idea regarding the score hope we win obviously just hope the crowd show some patience if it doesn,t click

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I am going for 2 1 home win, no idea how we will play but it will be good to get 3 points first time of asking

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I know Micky has promised us risks but I don't think he'll be that risky. 2-0 win. I won’t make this one so look forward to the reports.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A narrow home win for me. Would be great if Nevitt could start the season with a goal to give him some confidence after not doing so in pre season. I’m on holiday so look forward to any reports. I’m guessing it’ll be something like:
Doohan
Byrne Davies Jameson
Cogley OConnor Mcalear Bristow
Hawkes
Hemmings Nevitt

If Davies isn’t fit perhaps Robinson comes into the back 3.
The visitors have the character that is Steve evans in charge and arguably rovers couldn’t have wished for a better start to the season at home to the team who finished 21st last season. We’ll have to keep an eye on ex Mansfield front man Danny rose who can score at this level. Wonder if we’ll bring our own new striker in before Saturday

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I'd take any win and the 3 points. My dad has gone to buy match tickets today and I'm hoping he doesn't end scarred by the experience. His last visit was pre-pandemic in February 2020 so could get hit with registrations, change in ticketing system etc. God help the employee who ends up serving him!

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Great to be talking about a “proper“ game again! Looking forward to seeing the newbies in action when it really matters. We’ve got to be positive; a well-deserved win with some good football thrown in too; might be pushing it, but even the ref will have a good game.
We’ll all be double-taking at the league table as we sit in the auto promotion spots already “We’re on our way”! You’ve just got to enjoy the moment! :)

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
gonna be a massive away following they have sold out already ohhhhhhhh just meant to say sold out a couple of minibusses 41 away tickets sold wow amazing LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Ian

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
gonna be a massive away following they have sold out already ohhhhhhhh just meant to say sold out a couple of minibusses 41 away tickets sold wow amazing LOL
It's why Stevenage is one of my least favourite games, they bring hardly any fans and those who do show up are of the only sing when you're winning variety.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am actually more excited about this Rovers squad than any other in recent years. There is a nice balance to the side with the pacey, adventurous wing backs and we have got some real quality in the middle of the pitch. I think Turnbull, Bristow, Cogley, MacAlear and Hemmings are as good as any players in the division in their respective positions and can make a real impact.

If we can keep hold of both wing backs, they could do for us what Wilson and Cadden did for Forest Green last season. They are that promising.

I think the starting line up will be as follows, assuming Turnbull is fit enough to play, which he possibly is not. Jameson has played all of the recent pre-season games and may start ahead of Hockenhull, but I think the midfield and forwards pick themselves at the moment.

Doohan
Cogley Byrne Hockenhull Turnbull Bristow
O'Connor MacAlear
Hawkes
Hemmings Nevitt

I thought Stevenage might bring 2-300 fans for the opening game of the season, but it seems not. They will be stubborn, awkward opposition under Steve Evans, but I think we will win the game.

If the pre-season matches are anything to go by, some of our football will be pretty decent.

Last edited:

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
be interesting to see if a forward does come in in the next few days and who it is who might start Saturday

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
.I think Turnbull, Bristow, Cogley, MacAlear and Hemmings are as good as any players in the division in their respective positions and can make a real impact
Interesting that you rate the new youngsters so highly. I was impressed by MacAlear at the weekend, though only seen him the once.
Could make an argument for Lee O'Connor being one of the best defensive midfielders in our league too.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Interesting that you rate the new youngsters so highly. I was impressed by MacAlear at the weekend, though only seen him the once.
Could make an argument for Lee O'Connor being one of the best defensive midfielders in our league too.
Davies and Morris are as good as most in the division as well. I am not claiming we are going to win the league, but I think we have got some exciting players in the squad, and far less dross than in some recent seasons.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, let's hope we don't have many shrinking violets this season!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I am not claiming we are going to win the league, but I think we have got some exciting players in the squad, and far less dross than in some recent seasons.
I agree. Every senior member of our squad will be challenging for a place in the team and I expect them all to appear regularly at least on the bench. We've no-one who'll just be making up the numbers. I haven't been able to say that for a long time, if ever.

The youngsters, aka the development squad, are a new breed and a separate entity. They are not all expected to be regular members of the matchday squad. The success of this venture will be judged on how many make it to the first-team (and possibly on to greater things) and how quickly this happens. It would be great if a couple of them make it regularly into the first team by the end of the season and most are still with us next season.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Going be a fairly disappointing crowd if we don't reach 6000 with very few away fans.