• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Stevenage

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Stevenage

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Stevenage
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, July 30, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, July 30, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I would say so. This season seems to be starting a few weeks earlier than usual.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Gutted I’m missing it as on holiday but quite excited about the season starting. Hopefully we can start with three points.

Get well soon RLC

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
with around 100 away fans i think it will be just under or over 6k

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Morning all, this is it, another chapter begins; let’s hope it has a happy ending.
Bad timing that RLC; had my second bout last week and now negative (not the attitude because we’re gonna win!). Hope your symptoms are mild and you can fully savour the victory today.
Going to the club shop early today to pick up the new home shirt for three generations; my first home shirt for a long while just because I like it (got over my Victor Meldrew stage and viewpoint of wearing replace kits; life’s for living!), a shirt for my son because he’s my favourite (won’t catch me parting with money for his brothers, the red-nose and blue-nose traitors) and a late birthday present for my father-in-law.
C’mon Rovers!!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Like Goody, have invested in a home shirt for the first time in years and it gets a first wearing today.

Unsure what to expect, up against one of the awkward squad management wise in Evans and expect Stevenage will be a tough opponent. Will be interesting to see who gets the nod in central defence alongside Byrne and Turnbull (if match fit) and who makes the bench.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Like Goody, have invested in a home shirt for the first time in years and it gets a first wearing today.

Unsure what to expect, up against one of the awkward squad management wise in Evans and expect Stevenage will be a tough opponent. Will be interesting to see who gets the nod in central defence alongside Byrne and Turnbull (if match fit) and who makes the bench.
Don't think Turnbull will be involved just yet may take a couple of weeks if his interview is anything to go by.

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Don't think Turnbull will be involved just yet may take a couple of weeks if his interview is anything to go by.
Thanks bigmart, not heard the full interview, is the problem match-fitness or carrying an injury? Suppose it’s a question of whether Micky sticks with the Huddersfield game trio or brings Hockenhull back in.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Thanks bigmart, not heard the full interview, is the problem match-fitness or carrying an injury? Suppose it’s a question of whether Micky sticks with the Huddersfield game trio or brings Hockenhull back in.
Don't think he has been training much so will be short of fitness

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
1659186037636.png

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
wow we still need a few bodies in as we look light weight in some areas

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A strong side, despite missing six players through injury or lack of match fitness. My only worry is the bench which has no experienced strikers or defenders. Options for change are limited, with only Lewis and Nolan being senior pros. Having said that, there could be a great chance for one of the development squad to make his mark.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Not totally surprised with the starting xi, but I am with the bench. Is Hockenhull ill/injured? It seems odd that in the absence of other fit central defenders, he isn’t even on the bench. Taylor getting the nod ahead of Burton, interesting. I’ve not seen the lad play so can’t assess their relative merits.