• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Stevenage

Match result

• Rovers

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Stevenage

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Stevenage
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Tuesday, February 1, 2022 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, February 1, 2022 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Called off at just the wrong time for us. By the time it’s rescheduled, Borough will have a new manager. Still, at least none of the fans will get hurt from flying debris.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Once again, it does seem that the weather gods are not on our side. Being local and the wind is still ripping through from the north in the prenton park area, there is dammage to quite a few properties. Not been to PP but games off on shaftes bar one, angd no younger games on borough road, stilll freezing and windy and i do think it is getting windier again.

Anyone know what the damage is at PP?

Got some storm damage to clear up this afternoon, was gonna leave it till tomorrow. Bah!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Once again, it does seem that the weather gods are not on our side. Being local and the wind is still ripping through from the north in the prenton park area, there is dammage to quite a few properties. Not been to PP but games off on shaftes bar one, angd no younger games on borough road, stilll freezing and windy and i do think it is getting windier again.

Anyone know what the damage is at PP?

Got some storm damage to clear up this afternoon, was gonna leave it till tomorrow. Bah!
Small part of main stand roof came off.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would not be surprised if we play a strong team on Tuesday now, to try and maintain momentum.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
So frustrating watching the football scores come in whilst looking out the window and seeing the wind has died down. Ours the only game off

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
At the moment the scores couldn’t be much worse from a Rovers viewpoint.

• Sad
Reactions: Ian
Player
Manager
John King
A mixed bag of results which leave us four points off the play offs, seven points off third, but obviously with a game in hand.

Plenty of football still to play.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Very frustrating, as we will lose further ground on our rivals.

A mixed bag of results which leave us four points off the play offs, seven points off third, but obviously with a game in hand.

Plenty of football still to play.
Only one of the teams above us Leyton Orient picked up no points in losing to another side ahead of us; Northampton.

While I don't disagree there's a way to go, the way todays results panned out backed up your initial reaction to the game being called off.

Meanwhile wonder if the stand can be checked and if need be repaired in time for Tuesday's Pizza Cup game to go ahead.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Does anyone know if the pizza game is a knockout one or still group games?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I’m quite chilled now about the postponement. The hostile conditions could have been a leveller. If we win our game in hand, we will move into the playoff zone.
I agree it would be good to field a strong team on Tuesday, giving the players normally on the bench a game.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Only one of the teams above us Leyton Orient picked up no points in losing to another side ahead of us; Northampton.
Absolutely Boz. but on a more positive view Exeter, Swindon, Harrogate and Newport all dropped 2 points this weekend and in addition, in the next round of League games due on Tuesday the 7th February all the top 9 teams, with the exception of Port Vale who are away to Bristol Rovers, are scheduled to play each other. So, if at the same time we can get the 3 points away to 2nd from bottom Oldham then there is the potential for the gap between us and a number of the leading pack to close, and we will still have that game in hand on 7 of them. All to play for SWA.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
frenchrover, totally agree that it’s still all up for grabs. If I were able to chose yesterday’s results one or two of them might have gone a different way :) My view is in line with the old adage about it being better having points on the board than games in hand. However you’re right to highlight that the next full round of games has the potential to work in our favour. Let’s hope they do!

Player
Manager
John King
No club ever failed to win promotion because of the postponement of a single match in November. If we don't go up, it will be due to other factors.

Player
aldo
the Main stand needs bulldozing any strong wind and it always does it or leaks when it rains the repair cost must be crazy for the old stand,