• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Stevenage

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Lloyd has been one of our better players tonight, puzzled at that change.

Yes I’m guessing with Lloyd and Woolery off that’s our second and third top scorers taken off. Hopefully it doesn’t matter in end

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We are being outplayed in this half we have looked woefull

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A let off as Stevens headed hits the underside of the bar and bounces out. We could lose this quite easily

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Apart from a couple of half chances It’s been such an easy night for their defence so far

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We are so riding our luck here. Apparently the Stevenage header over the line.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Just haven't been with it today, it happens. Let's get at least a point and move on.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
ahh..

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well there it is. We’ve played poorly taking off some of our real goal threats and Stevenage who have looked the more dangerous second half take the lead.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Its been coming this half, they realized we been playing awful just warehouse and so easy to defend against. A big opportunity blown tonight big time.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well we can’t win every week I guess but after Saturday I didn’t see that performance coming at all. We can talk about tiredness but I’m guessing Stevenage have played the same amount of games recently as us.

First half we were ok and needed to be better second half, but started poorly and hill made his subs, none of which worked. Jolley and Kirby both looked lightweight. Crawford was ineffective until he went off and the game largely passed him by. What was annoying is their league position shows they aren’t great defensively but will they have an easier game all season?

I don’t want to mention Ferrier and CBT again but we really could have done with them tonight to change the game with their pace and ability, rather than inexperienced youngsters coming on.
Any way we move on and if we can win at Grimsby on Saturday all will be forgotten. Will be interesting though how we can respond after such a good run coming to an end. No need to panic.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They wanted it more than us. They battled well, defended well and got a goal at a great time in the game. Subs made no impact but they were all off the pace today. Disappointing but not a disaster. Hope to see big improvements on Sat.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Looking at the forecast Saturday's game could be in doubt.

Truly dreadful performance in which we went back to aimless goofing the ball only for the majority of the time it to come straight back at us.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We never got going, but we were going to underperform and lose at some time. Perhaps this is a timely reminder, after all the excited talk, that there are no guarantees and promotion has to be earned.

I thought we did ok for the first ten minutes, but Stevenage were effective at breaking up play and slowing the game down and we soon descended to their level. We stopped passing through midfield and started hooking aimless long balls, which were meat and drink to their centre halves. I can understand why Hill made the triple substitution, as there must be fatigue in the squad, but if anything we were even more disjointed after the changes. The two youngsters looked lost coming into that type of scrappy game, but I was more disappointed by Morris, who did not offer anything.

Not a disaster, but we are back outside the automatic places and need a response at Grimsby on Saturday, another team that is fighting for its life (assuming the game goes ahead).

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As for CBT and Ferrier, no club will win promotion with a toxic atmosphere in the dressing room. Discipline in the squad is more important than players who flatter to deceive much of the time anyway.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
They wanted it more than us. They battled well, defended well and got a goal at a great time in the game. Subs made no impact but they were all off the pace today. Disappointing but not a disaster. Hope to see big improvements on Sat.
Good point Ian. Even Otis Cafu was poor, defensively ok but his delivery into the box was well below recent standards. Can’t remember Lewis even touching the ball