• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Stevenage

Player
aldo
well let us keep our foot on the throat and don't release the pressure, someone is going to take a propper hammering soon, I would not make changes if fit enough I would have Nugent on the bench if we play the same way I think 3-0-4-0, Lloyd, Woolery, and Vaughn getting them,lets hope the weather stays good

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Stevenage have had a poor season and were in the relegation zone in November. Since then, they have slowly edged away from the bottom two. They are in slightly better form than Port Vale and got a creditable draw at Morecambe last time out. Under little pressure and with nothing to lose, they might cause us some problems given half a chance. With a visit to Grimsby at the weekend, we have a great chance to consolidate our position in the top three.

Player
aldo
there away form reads 1 win 6 draws lost 5 scoring 9 and conceding 18 if we keep up the high standards we should be ok

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would think it will be the same team and probably the same bench, I dont think Nugent will be involved just yet.

I think we will win again 2 0.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As AM points out, Stevenage have actually drawn a lot of their recent matches and most of their defeats have been by narrow margins, so this game might be tighter than some expect. With most of the teams immediately below us also playing, we need three points to remain in the automatic places, although a win would actually see us move second behind Cambridge.

I agree with Mart that it will be an unchanged side, and Nugent might not be involved for a couple of weeks yet. However, depending on the state of the game, we might make changes after about sixty minutes due to the relentless schedule.

The temperature is not forecast to fall below minus one before Tuesday, so hopefully the pitch will be playable.

Last edited:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm not expecting an easy game, the visitors have dragged themselves away from the bottom and have got a couple of decent players in veteran midfielder Chris Lines and striker Luke Norris.

Assuming no injury/illness, it would be a surprise to see many changes and an unchanged line-up is most likely, though I would then expect some adjustments for the trip to Grimsby. Hopefully the weather won't get in the way of this game going ahead.

Player
aldo
thats another thing you can tell there is a lot of work being done in training, not saying they never did stuff like it before but you can tell they are working on things even the flick on at corners that they used the other week is a joy to watch shame we can't have full houses to see it, again its another feather in the Hills hat

drwhoman

Hoping for a win and James Vaughan scoring and staying fit. Interesting stat that he has scored 46% of our league goals this season, the highest percentage of total club goals in the division. Mulllin is closest with 42% of Cambridge goals.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Vaughan has been brilliant this season.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I see Carlisle kick off at 2 30 today to try to beat the weather

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I see Carlisle kick off at 2 30 today to try to beat the weather
The league table will be interesting at nine o'clock this evening. Newport will surely continue their revival at home to Southend and Exeter should do well on their long trip to Barrow. However, Salford v Cambridge and Carlisle v Leyton Orient will mean at least two of our rivals dropping points. In any case, FGR are not playing, so a win tonight will move us up to second. However, I am being cautious and predicting a 1-1 draw, as I think the visitors are a good away side. I hope I'm being pessimistic.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We are due to have a mare as we won’t win every game but let’s hope for now our superb form continues.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Steve McNulty co-commentator on ifollow tonight.

On the subject of ifollow does anyone know how to switch of all the adverts so your just listening to the build up? Or whether this can even be done?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Steve McNulty co-commentator on ifollow tonight.

On the subject of ifollow does anyone know how to switch of all the adverts so your just listening to the build up? Or whether this can even be done?
I think the only option is to switch to audio and then back to the picture when the match starts.

However, I am always reluctant to do that because I am afraid I will lose the visual coverage.