• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Stags

Match result

• Rovers

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Stags

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Stags
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, March 27, 2021 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, March 27, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
OMG even the cowsheds have got a Hillout going some of the so-called FKN fans are seriously thick and dumb What do they want Klopp and some others they would still moan it's Bloody ridiculous get a life, ok we have not won as many as we want but we are 3rd in the LG, it is driving me nuts

Player
ian goodison
I keep away from the paddock forum now, can,t believe how spiteful its become we all differ with each other at times but doesn't take much to show each other respect

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
On another site, one person posted that he was happy that Davies is out - I don't understand the mentality of quite a few so-called supporters. There is another that forever slags off Palios for being tight-fisted, would you believe? If you try and be rational and say anything vaguely positive , then you are deemed as someone who is blind to the issues and challenges! Mind you, a lot of Owners nowadays sow the seed of over=expectation and sack someone for losing 6 in a row. I know Jackson was sacked early into his tenure but everyone could see that he was too inexperienced to be a full-time manager.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It is one of the problems with social media that people like that get to voice their opinion and because a few people on one site agree, it gets accepted as the norm. Unfortunately, they have probably never even heard of White Review, so never see another viewpoint.

Player
It is one of the problems with social media that people like that get to voice their opinion and because a few people on one site agree, it gets accepted as the norm. Unfortunately, they have probably never even heard of White Review, so never see another viewpoint.
Thank goodness they haven't heard!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Maybe they should be reminded of the days before Palios took over. The club was dead. The rot had well and truly set in. Very short memories some people.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Whilst I agree with the comments above, MP openly stated the aim for the season was not just promotion but with the squad that has been assembled was to be champions.

As it stands it looks at best touch and go we will be champions and far from certain we will be top 3. So some of the criticism has been brought on by those comments fairly or otherwise

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Whilst I agree with the comments above, MP openly stated the aim for the season was not just promotion but with the squad that has been assembled was to be champions.

As it stands it looks at best touch and go we will be champions and far from certain we will be top 3. So some of the criticism has been brought on by those comments fairly or otherwise
We are still in with a good chance of becoming champions but the main aim has always been promotion. That is what KH’s job depends on.

You also have to remember to factor in a change of manager and long term injuries to both the club captain and our leading goal scorer. The fact we are still in the top three with promotion and even the top spot in our own hands is pretty impressive.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes but that’s just picking at straws. I could understand the criticism if we were 15th but we are 3rd and the season isn’t even over yet! I’d say MP is pretty much spot on with his prediction.

We should be enjoying the season as best we can in our position not bitching and whining over a few league places. Maybe MP is best saying nothing. See how the moaners like that!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think the single biggest issue, despite the injury to Vaughan, is the sacking of Jackson after ten games. If it had not been for that poor start, we would already effectively be promoted.

It was obviously Palios' decision to appoint Jackson and he bears responsibility for that failure, but Hill's performance since his appointment is more than good enough for automatic promotion.

The one area of justified criticism in my view is the failure in January to bring in adequate cover for Vaughan, and that might still cost us. I don't mean a player of equal ability to Vaughan, because clearly that would have been impossible, but a journeyman striker capable of contributing more than Nugent (or keeping Payne if necessary).

Player
I must admit that I don't recall Palios stating that the expectation was to win the league. He always seemed more pragmatic than that given he does risk assessment as a matter of course. Everyone has ambition and an ambition to be champions is fine. I thought he had said there was a top third budget and that promotion was the target. Targets are not certainties. The problem with communication is that the 'messenger's messages can be converted into the recipient's understanding of the messages' which is why you see headlines in the media that are economical with the truth! Anyway, I think it was a comedian who replaced the 'I' in twitter by an 'a'!

Player
Manager
John King
Palios did explicitly state that the target was to win the league on several occasions, the last time shortly before Jackson was sacked.

If we finish second or third I am sure he would still deem the season a success, but finishing first was his stated target.

Player
Palios did explicitly state that the target was to win the league on several occasions, the last time shortly before Jackson was sacked.

If we finish second or third I am sure he would still deem the season a success, but finishing first was his stated target.
Thanks. So an aim or ambition, not a given. That is fine. The old "if you aim for the moon, you at least get out of the earths's atmosphere" ;0) or turn the submarine into an aircraft carrier....

Player
Manager
John King
Yes, it is obviously an aspiration rather than a promise, but it was an explicit statement that was made.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The one area of justified criticism in my view is the failure in January to bring in adequate cover for Vaughan, and that might still cost us. I don't mean a player of equal ability to Vaughan, because clearly that would have been impossible, but a journeyman striker capable of contributing more than Nugent (or keeping Payne if necessary).
Yes. They took two risks. 1. Hoping Vaughan would not get injured. 2. Taking a chance on Nugent who had not played actively for months but it is always easier to say after the event. No business is free of risk and nobody is perfect as his appointment of Jackson also proves.

I think supporters should back off a little and appreciate what MP has done for this club over the last few years.

Player
aldo
as we all know some of the fans are blinkered and don't care about past history I think some might like it if the club went backwards it's just the way they come across, no matter how well MP OR KH does the braindead morons who just want to bitch will do so even if we win every week they will, MP is damed if he does and damed if he does nothing, we could have the biggest billion air in the building and they would still be moaners doing it,lets just try to enjoy the ride over the next few months and see where it takes us you just never know

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Yes but that’s just picking at straws. I could understand the criticism if we were 15th but we are 3rd and the season isn’t even over yet! I’d say MP is pretty much spot on with his prediction.

We should be enjoying the season as best we can in our position not bitching and whining over a few league places. Maybe MP is best saying nothing. See how the moaners like that!
He didn't need to come out and say the aim is winning the league. The aim is promotion regardless of how it is done.

The problem will be it could could back to bite him if we don't go up.

Player
Manager
John King
Yes. They took two risks. 1. Hoping Vaughan would not get injured. 2. Taking a chance on Nugent who had not played actively for months but it is always easier to say after the event. No business is free of risk and nobody is perfect as his appointment of Jackson also proves.

I think supporters should back off a little and appreciate what MP has done for this club over the last few years.
The problem is it was an unnecessary risk in the case of Nugent, because we could simply have held on to what we had (Payne anyway).

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Slightly off topic but Jamille Matt is out for rest the season following hand surgery