• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Stags

Match result

• Rovers

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Stags

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Stags
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, March 27, 2021 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, March 27, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
That seems about right, but the four or five games we play against our rivals are by far the most important.
They are, but we can't expect to win them all. We have to win several games against teams in mid table / bottom half.

We want to be in a position where a draw against the top three sides is a reasonable result, at least in one or two of those matches. We don't want too much pressure loaded on to an already tired group of players in those games.

Last edited:
Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
With 10 games left i think we will need 6 or 7 wins to make the top 3 with a draw as well.
Yes, I went through the tables for the last 20 years (how sad!) and to make an automatic position has generally required 23 or 24 wins and generally no more than 10 losses (Believe it or not, the last manager to have gained automatic promotion whilst losing 13 games is........ Keith Hill with Rochdale. Around 4 of those losses came in the last 7 games.) Hopefully no repeat this time. Normally, there has always been one team well in front - this season is more congested.

Hopefully the wins will be against the nearest rivals!

Player
Manager
John King
Interestingly, our record against the current top eight under Hill is excellent, reading played seven, won six, lost one. The only defeat was the thrashing at Exeter very early on in his tenure, and we also beat Carlisle home and away when they were in the top seven.

Hopefully that record continues.

Player
aldo
After this game, they have no midweek game that's the break play a full team. end of no excuses get the game won then give them a couple of days off them move on

Player
The benefit of the no midweek game next week is that they can get together on the training pitch to iron out a few strategies as regards the strikers.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I think the stags normally play a diamond so will be interesting how Keith sets us up tactically tomorrow

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Just had a read of the Stags forum, they seem fairly indifferent to this game. Hadn't realised we've not scored against them in the last 5 league games, hopefully that will change.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I don't think they have a great deal to play for do they?

Player
Manager
John King
I don't think they have a great deal to play for do they?
No, I think they are pretty much safe.

They have lost their last four away games without scoring a goal, so let's hope that form continues tomorrow.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
What result should we be hoping in the Forest Green v Horwich early ko? The ideal for us would probably be a bloodbath of a draw with lots of injuries and red cards. Although it might not help us in the short-term, I would actually prefer a win for Forest Green, to spike the Bolton momentum.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
What result should we be hoping in the Forest Green v Horwich early ko? The ideal for us would probably be a bloodbath of a draw with lots of injuries and red cards. Although it might not help us in the short-term, I would actually prefer a win for Forest Green, to spike the Bolton momentum.
A draw probably suits us best with plenty of red cards for both teams preferably

Player
Manager
John King
Yes, if one team has to win I would prefer it to be Forest Green. Bolton seem a bigger threat in the long term, particularly as FGR have quite a few players out injured at the moment.

Bolton's form in the last ten to twelve games has been ridiculous and if it continues they are certain to overtake us.

Player
I hesitate to predict any score until I see what team has been chosen! As for Mansfield, who knows what team will turn up - recently lost against Harrogate, Barrow and Bradford City and drew with Grimsby but beat Cheltenham and Morecambe. Talk about inconsistent.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
In the early game jamille matt of fg off injured with what looks like broken arm.