• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
If McCullough is staying, he will be allowed to play. Doncaster won't be able to recall him, so there would be no benefit for them in preventing him from playing.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Going to be a cracking atmosphere!

Player
Manager
John King
114 left now, only for sale in the club shop. We sold about 4,500 tickets in a couple of hours this morning. Incredible.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Amazing. Now sold out.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Not bad for a televised game. It should be a great atmosphere and I hope the players are inspired rather than overawed by the occasion. They should cope, as last May at Wembley showed.

RicCarey

Player
Jason Koumas
Hi all, new to the forum. Looking forward to this game, great to see PP bouncing yesterday hopefully will be a fortress with double the amount on Friday.

I've got a ticket in the Kop but looking to swap for one in the Johnny King, so I can sit with some other friends, if anyone knows of anyone looking for vice-versa?

Player
aldo
on the day of the game looks like the fan park is gonna be open from 4 . they are gonna make it bigger and sell more drinks in the car park . lets make as much money as we can its gonna be a massive day massive game and a massive payday for the club . now we have two games b4 the game lets get the points

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, think I’m going to go early and soak up the atmosphere!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Also my mate a Spurs fan is after a few tickets. He’s willing to pay up to £40 a ticket so if you know anyone that’s looking to sell send me a PM.

Player
Manager
John King
It seems the club are planning to show the match on a big screen outside the beer tent, for those who could not get tickets.

I did not think I would see the day when that would be necessary !

Reactions: Ian

drwhoman

I wish your friend luck Ian but he may be lucky to find tickets for that price unless it is someone feeling generous. When I was last in UK (London) I went to a West Ham game and I cannot how much I paid but it was closer to 100 I think.

Player
aldo
yes its brilliant such a shame those other 2000 odd seats went fixed but great thinking bye the club . im off that week think im gonna have to get my super lovley wife to drop me off and pick me up can see a few beers being taken in . defo gonna be there abt 6 ish take it all in and enjoy

Player
Manager
John King
Mike Dickson, who wrote that article, is actually a Rovers fan. I have seen him at a few away games down south in the last few seasons.

I never knew that Owen Brown was a confidante of Rafa Benitez, which is interesting.

Player
aldo
we now know the fan park is gonna be bigger more food stalls and more bars . all the money going to the raise the roof fund . they are also looking at a big screen for the fans who couldnt get tickets . its great lets hope it makes loads for the roof fund and we have a good night regardless of the score.

Player
aldo
hog roasts 2 bars DJ . big screen. electronic advertis around the ground . they say some micky mouse match on thursday is big no peeps friday is the big one . realy looking forward to it . regardless of the score . imagine if we got some thing out of it would be amazing

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hog roast! I'm there.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
While I am delighted to see PP full and the fans excited about the game, I am wondering seriously what our chances are. Given our last two big home cup results against Swansea and Peterborough - not to mention Spurs 6-2 demolition of Everton on their last visit to Merseyside, it's difficult to be confident of getting close to a result. However, I would expect Spurs to rest a number of key players, as they have an intense schedule at the moment. For example, I would be surprised to see Kane, Alli or Eriksen start. But our main hope, I think, is the fact that our lads will not be carrying any weight of expectation. All the pressure will be on the visitors. For most of the past three and a half years, Rovers have been favourites to win most matches, particularly at home. Maybe not having that burden will help them rise to the occasion. We can only hope. Miracles do happen, remember Wembley. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.