• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
aldo
Looking on their forums some of there fans sound an horrible lot . They are saying there youth could smash us for 6/7 . It's only day one of the build up and the the talk atwork is mmaking it exiting thing to look forward to. The club are having electric advertising bods by the paddock and behind the goals apparently. One of the old captains at the club I work for . Also works with mark and nicola . And says there on the way witch will bring in thousands of pounds of extra money to the club. As he said they need to milk every penny they can get .

Player
aldo
Looks like spurs have sold there tickets already and 4500 home ones gone so heading 4 a sell out and 6k also sold for boxing day good sales already 4k sold 4 for 29th

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The following is the team Spurs played at Newport in the fourth round last season:

Vorm
Foyth
Dier
Vertonghen
Wanyama
Trippier
Sissoko
Dembele (Davies)
Walker-Peters (Son)
Llorente (Ali)
Kane

Subs:

Son
Ali
Gazziniga
Davies
Georgiou
Oakley-Boothe

Not too shabby !

Player
aldo
Gotta remember spurs play 6 in 13 days and have a game 2 days after playing us at home to chealsea in LG cup semi so can see it being a very young team in a way hope it is . Then we might have a small chance of a upset.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We play Spurs on the Friday, their League Cup game is most likely on the Tuesday/Wednesday, so they'll have ample time to recover. Spurs priority will be avoiding a replay.
Rovers have a much smaller squad and 3 very important games before this one.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I am aware of that, but this is a rather significant match, for a variety of reasons.
I would argue that the significance is that we've made the third round, knowing of the financial benefits because of how the draw has fallen. While as fans, we can dream of giant-killing or a lucrative replay, the reality is that's unlikely, particularly given the strength of side that Spurs are likely to put out. The last time we met a Premiership side in the Cup was the 2-6 defeat to Swansea in our relegation season and a hammering will affect morale and may impact on our play-off prospects. Our best chance is to go into this game on the back of strong showings in our next trio of leaguegames.

Player
Manager
John King
I would argue that the significance is that we've made the third round, knowing of the financial benefits because of how the draw has fallen. While as fans, we can dream of giant-killing or a lucrative replay, the reality is that's unlikely, particularly given the strength of side that Spurs are likely to put out. The last time we met a Premiership side in the Cup was the 2-6 defeat to Swansea in our relegation season and a hammering will affect morale and may impact on our play-off prospects. Our best chance is to go into this game on the back of strong showings in our next trio of leaguegames.
I agree, but surely we are allowed to look forward to a game that does not come around very often ? Just to have Spurs at Prenton Park, potentially with several world class players on the pitch, is massive for the club. I will pay the same attention to the next three league games that I always do, and so will Mellon.

Player
Manager
John King
For what it's worth, I don't think the Swansea defeat had anything to do with our struggles that season. We had several positive results after that match and the wheels fell off much later. There is also no comparison between this group of players and the 2014-15 squad.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
For what it's worth, I don't think the Swansea defeat had anything to do with our struggles that season. We had several positive results after that match and the wheels fell off much later. There is also no comparison between this group of players and the 2014-15 squad.

The wheels came off after Adams brought in quite a few signings in January and they were mainly poor signings

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
One Spurs player definitely missing is Son, who'll be away on international duty in the Asian Cup. Liam will be grateful.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
A massive game for us with national TV exposure. While a positive result is unlikely, a draw or a win would be financially game changing for us. I think Spurs were taken to replays twice last season by lower division teams, so it can be done. I think that they will be trying to avoid a repeat and will field as strong a team as their fixture schedule dictates. It will be a wonderful occasion and I hope that Spurs play a very strong team .. and who knows what may happen?

Player
aldo
Looks like alli might have done his hamstring last night be a real shame if they lost him and kane Ericsson and a few others in the next few weeks . Hahaha mission get rovers through is on lol

drwhoman

What is the latest on McCullough and his playing status? Is he staying with us do we know and will he be able to play? I think we will need as much of a shield in midfield as possible. I will be very pleasantly surprised if it is not damage limitation albeit with a nice impact on the bank account!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
What is the latest on McCullough and his playing status? Is he staying with us do we know and will he be able to play? I think we will need as much of a shield in midfield as possible. I will be very pleasantly surprised if it is not damage limitation albeit with a nice impact on the bank account!

Doncaster's manager said a couple of weeks ago he was staying on loan for rest of the season but nothings yet been confirmed

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
If Luke is staying, there's no point in stopping him playing but until I see an official announcement, I'll not raise my hopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.