• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rovers v Southport

ADD

Player
Norwood
There are now massive concerns about our form. To fail to beat two NLN/S sides at home and in both cases being the worse side and hanging on/ getting a late equaliser is simply unacceptable. What worries me is that MM seems bereft of ideas at the moment. MM made no mention of what was wrong after Sunday's game and seemed to suggest that he expected that sort of game and didn't seem that concerned about our play. As to his substitutions I have absolutely no idea why Tollitt was brought on - it had to be Stockton given we seemed to be wanting to play hoof ball all game and Astles simply sent it straight back at us. Why we kept doing it I ahve no idea. I also won't accept that we look tired. Southport are part time and they harried and closed down far better than us and kept going to the end. Not even close to being acceptable and so so disappointing after our start to the season. Micky needs to get a grip and quickly. I would play Stockton on Saturday for sure and maybe give Williams a go - he should be fresh after all!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
There are now massive concerns about our form. To fail to beat two NLN/S sides at home and in both cases being the worse side and hanging on/ getting a late equaliser is simply unacceptable. What worries me is that MM seems bereft of ideas at the moment. MM made no mention of what was wrong after Sunday's game and seemed to suggest that he expected that sort of game and didn't seem that concerned about our play. As to his substitutions I have absolutely no idea why Tollitt was brought on - it had to be Stockton given we seemed to be wanting to play hoof ball all game and Astles simply sent it straight back at us. Why we kept doing it I ahve no idea. I also won't accept that we look tired. Southport are part time and they harried and closed down far better than us and kept going to the end. Not even close to being acceptable and so so disappointing after our start to the season. Micky needs to get a grip and quickly. I would play Stockton on Saturday for sure and maybe give Williams a go - he should be fresh after all!

Southport are full time not that it is any excuse if they were part time

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Southport raised their game for a one-off match. We are playing at a much higher level, being tested mentally and physically every week by far better teams, and operating with a relatively small squad, so fatigue definitely is an issue. Banks has been playing with an injury for weeks, which is why his form has suffered, to give one example.

I expect that Mellon did not want to simply trot out the same old lines in his interview, and was probably reluctant to lay into the players publicly. What he says to the press and what he says in the dressing room are two different things.

Player
Manager
John King
To avoid what if moments, wouldn’t be too bothered if the third round draw was a non-event. Our record away at Southport is not good.
I actually think if we get a really good draw, we are far more likely to go through. The players and the whole club would surely be more motivated for the replay if we knew we were meeting one of the big boys. If it is Peterborough away, we will probably see another half-arsed showing !

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
What a draw. Interesting seeing the Southport captain on the telly. Surely our replay will be on some sort of channel

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Great draw. Come on Rovers!

Player
Manager
John King
Yes, the replay will surely be televised. I am sure the Spurs game will as well if we go through.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Makes yesterday’s result all the more frustrating

Player
aldo
just get the job done get a draw in the game and another wembley show lets do this thing . bet it wont be £10 its gonna be £20 you would think if we get through

Player
Manager
John King
Just out of interest, Southport have not won at home in the League this season.

Hope that is not a bad omen.....

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
How long will Banks be out? They struggle without his creativity.
Unclear. There’s been talk of 6 weeks or a hernia op which wouldn’t see him back until longer. Midfield is the area where we’re really short of cover. Harris, who I thought would be a decent squad player has struggled and we didn’t replace Norburn.

I was reading the Southport forum and their pick of our players was Jonny Smith. It would be good if he could regain his early season form.

Player
aldo
Well if a goal like that can't give you confidence . Then nothing will. Johnny will play on sat let's just hope the real tranmere turn up

Player
aldo
Let's pack the port out on Tuesday . Even if on telly we owe them one . . No more messing about lads .go there do a job then off we go.

Player
aldo
Oh some are having a go at Ben Tollitt at least he was running at the defence on sat . The last few weeks he looked scared of trying to do it . The more he plays the better

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Couldn't have hoped for a better draw - a Champions League side at home. Will certainly be on TV. Also gives us our best chance of playing at Wembley for the third season in a row. We just need to beat Port and hold Spurs at home. ;)