• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Southend

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Southend

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Southend
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
As Higgy said on commentary numerous times yesterday we need to press teams more as we gave them far too.mich time & space when they had the ball.

We also need to keep it in the floor more which we tended to do in the second half, when we do it we look a better team

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I dont think there are any good sides in this league I think the standard is poor, we need to be positive and go st teams from the start.
I've not seen enough to evaluate the strength of this league, but don't get the impression that L2 is significantly poorer than the last time we were at this level. I do think that there are a number of sides, including Rovers, who are underperforming relative to the strength of their squads.

Not caught Mike Jackson's post-match interview, did he offer any explanation for the initial starting line-up? I agree with you that we need to start on the front foot and get into opponents from the off.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I've not seen enough to evaluate the strength of this league, but don't get the impression that L2 is significantly poorer than the last time we were at this level. I do think that there are a number of sides, including Rovers, who are underperforming relative to the strength of their squads.

Not caught Mike Jackson's post-match interview, did he offer any explanation for the initial starting line-up? I agree with you that we need to start on the front foot and get into opponents from the off.
None of the teams this season are close to the.level of Lincoln never mind Bury or MK Don's.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
None of the teams this season are close to the.level of Lincoln never mind Bury or MK Don's.
I would agree with that. The real strength of sides like Newport and Cheltenham is that they are well organised, something we are not unfortunately.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
seen the goals. good to see they have been working on set plays wich is something we haven't had for a long time also good to see the players smiling
Yes, AM. When Peter Clarke scored that screamer he roared! James Vaughan's effort had an element of luck but was a good strike and you could see the relief on everyone’s face.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume

I would agree with that. The real strength of sides like Newport and Cheltenham is that they are well organised, something we are not unfortunately.
We got 4/6 points against both Lincoln and Milton Keynes in 2018/9 though, only Bury took the bulk of the points from us. There was a consensus on here that this seasons squad was stronger than the last time we were in L2. So not sure how that all squares off. The best side I can recall from that season was Mansfield

Player
Manager
John King
We got 4/6 points against both Lincoln and Milton Keynes in 2018/9 though, only Bury took the bulk of the points from us. There was a consensus on here that this seasons squad was stronger than the last time we were in L2. So not sure how that all squares off. The best side I can recall from that season was Mansfield
It emphasises that we are vastly underperforming relative to the quality of our players compared to Mellon's team.

Player
aldo
and it's that luck you get at the bottom of the LG. if they were top it would have been saved or past the post. its about time we had some luck if I'm honest with you

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
and it's that luck you get at the bottom of the LG. if they were top it would have been saved or past the post. its about time we had some luck if I'm honest with you
You couldn’t ask for more luck that yesterday’s second goal. ;) And you don’t know all the bad stories from other clubs. Like Leyton Orient’s manager dying.

I don’t think we can blame our position on bad luck. I think it’s down to a new manager finding his feet. Perhaps we were unlucky to lose Micky, but successful managers are always likely to be poached.

drwhoman

Agree with the above but one thing Rovers are missing is the SWA. They really have been a twelfth man for Rovers particularly in recent seasons. No crowd is a real loss at Prenton.

Player
Manager
John King
Agree with the above but one thing Rovers are missing is the SWA. They really have been a twelfth man for Rovers particularly in recent seasons. No crowd is a real loss at Prenton.
That is the same for every club though. It can't explain the way we have set up tactically this season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
MJ has been too cautious. He needs to relax a bit and let the players play their game. They’ve been scared to drift into the final third. We saw glimpses on Sat and we need more of the same on Tues. If he starts with 1 up front again, he’s learnt nothing.

drwhoman

That is the same for every club though. It can't explain the way we have set up tactically this season.
I do not disagree re tactics RLC but the SWA are more vocal than many and MJ and the team would quickly get the message if they were unhappy with things! Rovers have to get on the front foot from the start and stop giving teams too much respect. After all, we were unfairly demoted and should be too good for L2.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I do not disagree re tactics RLC but the SWA are more vocal than many and MJ and the team would quickly get the message if they were unhappy with things! Rovers have to get on the front foot from the start and stop giving teams too much respect. After all, we were unfairly demoted and should be too good for L2.
I dont think we are too good for L2 unfair demotion or not, I think we've got a squad that is good enough to challenge at the top of the table.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I do not disagree re tactics RLC but the SWA are more vocal than many and MJ and the team would quickly get the message if they were unhappy with things!
The flip side of this is the crowd shows its frustration which passes on to the players making things worse not better. Swings and roundabouts but things have got pretty toxic in the past, primarily pre-MM.